(Coaches are invited to make nominations. Email firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 p.m. each Sunday.)
* Baylor: George Porter had his second straight big game, rushing for 176 yards
* Bledsoe County: Holden Boynton had four touchdowns and finished with 257 rushing yards, but the Warriors fell 39-38 to Marion County.
* Boyd-Buchanan: Rance Harden scored two touchdowns while gained 138 yards on 21 carries as the Buccaneers bested East Ridge 35-0, leaving the mercy-rule clock running for the final 18 minutes.
* Bradley Central: Bryce Copeland passed for 232 yards, including a 51-yard score to Cal Pickel, but the Bears dropped a 34-13 decision at Baylor.
* Central: Dominique Dawson ran for one touchdown and passed for another, but the Purple Pounders came up short in a 20-14 loss at Polk County. Dawson had a combined 200 yards.
* Chattanooga Christian: Levi Corbett threw for only 80 passing yards but ran for 102. The Chargers fell to 0-2 with a 24-14 loss at Lookout Valley.
* Copper Basin: Dylan Boggs threw for three touchdowns and rushed for another as Copper Basin moved to 2-0 in a 35-0 win over Sunbright.
* Cleveland: Austin Herink threw for 235 yards and three touchdowns and rushed for another score, but the Blue Raiders fell to 0-2 in a 41-26 loss to Knoxville Catholic.
* Dalton: Kelvis Rhoes scored two touchdowns, the first on a 57-yard run, and finished with 177 rushing yards in the Catamounts' 21-19 win over Ringgold.
* East Hamilton: Logan Jackson gained 249 yards on 23 carries, scoring a pair of TDs in the Hurricanes' 31-28 loss to Ooltewah.
* Grace Academy: Josh Smith had two passing TDs and a rushing score as the Golden Eagles evened their record at 1-1 with a 33-7 home win over Cannon County.
* Grundy County: Freshman Houston Mainord threw for two touchdowns, completing 14 of 19 passes for 200 yards before leaving the game with an injury in the third quarter.
* Hixson: Allante Novene averaged 25.4 yards on five catches, but the Wildcats dropped their opener 44-12 to Walker Valley. It was Jason Fitzgerald's coaching debut at Hixson.
* Lookout Valley: Vann Scribner ran for one touchdown and passed for another plus a two-point conversion in the Yellow Jackets' 24-14 victory over Chattanooga Christian.
* Marion County: Blake Zeman returned a kickoff 80 yards, scored another TD and finished with 241 rushing yards in the Warriors' surprising 39-38 victory over Bledsoe County.
* McCallie: Chad Toliver had touchdown runs of 84 and 9 yards and finished with 109 yards on just six carries, but he and the Blue Tornado fell to McMinn County, 20-14.
* McMinn Central: Denzell Boyd averaged 10.43 yards per carry, picking up 24 yards and scoring all six of the Chargers' TDs in a 41-20 win at Notre Dame.
* McMinn County: Dre Sanders scored on a 33-yard pass and a 10-yard run as the 2-0 Cherokees rallied for a 20-14 victory over McCallie.
* Meigs County: Bryson Baker passed for 115 yards and scored one of the Tigers' TDs in a 35-14 loss to Sequatchie County.
* Ooltewah: Alex Crowe had four extra-point kicks and came through big-time in crunch time, booting a 23-yard field goal with 10 seconds left as the Owls slipped past East Hamilton 31-28.
* Polk County: Zach Miller rushed for 160 yards and scored the tying touchdown as the Wildcats rallied from a 14-7 deficit to a 20-14 victory over Central.
* Red Bank: Hagen Wilkey ran for two touchdowns and passed for 214 yards, but the Lions dropped their season opener, 32-27 to Soddy-Daisy.
* Rhea County: Austin Dotson completed nine of 18 passes for 117 yards and two touchdowns and scored a rushing TD in the Golden Eagles' 33-6 victory over Brainerd. It was Rhea's first game on its new artificial turf and stadium makeover.
* Ringgold: Slade Dale threw two touchdown passes and finished with 269 total offense yards in the Tigers' 21-19 loss to Dalton.
* Sequatchie County: Jake Pickett was penciled in as a linebacker but took the spotlight as a running back, rushing for 184 yards (20.4 ypc) and two TDs as the Indians evened their record at 1-1 with a 35-14 victory at Meigs County.
* Signal Mountain: Reese Phillips completed 22 of 33 passes for 196 yards, but his lone TD came on a 24-yard run in the Eagles' 22-14 loss to Tyner.
* Silverdale Baptist: Matt McCulley worked hard for 103 yards and two TDs as the Seahawks improved to 2-0 with a 24-12 victory over Unionville Community School.
* Soddy-Daisy: C.J. Blue gained 117 yards and scored three touchdowns to lead the Trojans' 32-27 win over Red Bank.
* South Pittsburg: Demetric Johnson scored three TDs -- two on Jake Stone passes of 22 and 65 yards - in the Pirates' season-opening 58-25 victory at Grundy County.
* Tyner: Joseph Sturkey gained 119 yards, averaging 23.8 yards per carry, and scored the game-icing TD with 4:47 left in the fourth quarter of the Rams' 33-24 victory over Signal Mountain.
* Walker Valley: Justin Ware gained 150 yards on just nine carries and scored four TDs in the Mustangs' 44-12 win at Hixson, a win that pushed them to 2-0 on the season.
* Whitwell: Dusty McHomb had three rushing TDs and hauled in a 36-yard scoring pass from Tyler Tate as the Tigers shellacked Midway 37-6.