(Coaches are invited to make nominations. Send an email to Ward Gossett at firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 p.m. each Saturday.)
* Baylor: Landry Taylor returned a punt 80 yards for a touchdown, but the Red Raiders dropped a league game to Brentwood Academy, 34-16.
* Bledsoe County: Holden Boynton was held to 57 yards by rival Sequatchie County, but he scored all three touchdowns in the Warriors' 21-14 victory.
* Brainerd: Sam Caffey ran for one TD and passed for another, but the Panthers missed one of their two extra-point kicks in a 14-13 loss to Howard.
* Bradley Central: Rhea County was making it hard for him, to pass so Bears quarterback Bryce Copeland tucked it and ran -- for 85 yards and three touchdowns -- in his team's 37-19 win.
* Central: Jaylan Hobbs scored the Purple Pounders' touchdown in a 47-7 loss to Red Bank.
* Chattanooga Christian: Lance Carter had a TD reception among his nine catches (for 74 yards), but the Chargers dropped to 1-5 in a 36-14 loss to Grundy County.
* East Hamilton: Hunter Moore threw four TD passes and completed seven of nine passes as the Hurricanes shut out East Ridge 35-0 and improved to 6-1 overall and 3-0 in District 6-AA.
* Gordon Central: M.J. Reynolds threw for three touchdowns and ran for another, accounting for 323 of his team's yards in their 28-6 win over previously undefeated Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe.
* Gordon Lee: Dalton Owens ran for 100 yards and scored one of the TDs in the Trojans' 19-14 win over Whitfield Christian.
* Grundy County: Pressed into service at quarterback early in the season, Josh Rhea threw two TD passes and ran for another score in the Yellow Jackets' 36-14 win over Chattanooga Christian. Rhea finished with 117 rushing yards and 182 passing yards.
* Hixson: Allante Novene caught four passes for 129 yards as the Wildcats upset Tyner in a very important District 6-AA victory. The win allowed Hixson to improve to 4-2 overall but more importantly to 3-0 and a tie for first in the district.
* Howard: Terrance Brooks scored the game-winner over Brainerd midway of the fourth quarter, but it was his two-point conversion in the second quarter that proved to be the difference in a 14-13 win over the Panthers.
* Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe: Kyle Trego's two field goals were all the points the Warriors could muster in a 28-6 loss to unbeaten Gordon Central.
* Lookout Valley: Jamal Jones rushed for 239 yards and four TDs, but the Yellow Jackets lost a shootout to District 6-A rival Marion County, 51-47.
* Marion County: Blake Zeman gained 337 yards, scored four TDs and threw for one, finishing with 362 all-purpose yards.
* McCallie: Alex Trotter gained 135 yards on just five carries that included a 96-yard touchdown romp and also returned the opening kickoff 90 yards as the Blue Tornado spanked Battle Ground Academy 41-6.
* McMinn County: Dre Sanders scored two TDs and rushed for 120 on just four carries as the Cherokees ran roughshod over Walker Valley (39-8) and improved to 5-1 overall and 3-0 in District 5-AAA.
* North Jackson: Donnie Thompson blocked a field goal on the last play of the game to preserve the Chiefs' 27-25 victory over winless Scottsboro.
* Notre Dame: Quarterback Alex Darras threw for two touchdowns and 181 yards (much of it in the second half), but the Irish suffered their first District 7-AA loss and their second setback of the year, 27-20 to Signal Mountain.
* Ooltewah: Desmond Pittman scored the game's first two touchdowns and finished with 173 yards on nine carries as the Owls rolled over Soddy-Daisy, 48-0, for their first District 5-AAA victory.
* Red Bank: Darrius Akridge scored three TDs while rushing for 123 yards on 14 carries as the Lions came off the deck for their second win of the year, 47-7 over District 6-AA rival Central.
* Rhea County: Demetrius Patterson caught seven passes for 74 yards and a TD, but the Golden Eagles surrendered an early lead and fell 37-19 to Bradley Central.
* Ringgold: Slade Dale did all he could, rushing for 93 yards and passing for 269, but the Tigers lost another heartbreaker, 40-38 to Adairsville.
* Sequatchie County: Jake Pickett ran for 128 yards and the Indians' final score in a 21-14 loss to rival Bledsoe County.
* Signal Mountain: Reese Phillips passed for 174 yards and two scores and had the first 100-yard rushing game in his quarterback career as the Eagles moved to 4-3, their first time above the .500 mark all season.
* Silverdale Baptist: Matt McCulley scored the game's first TD and came back with another in the third quarter while rushing for 196 yards in the Seahawks' sixth victory, a 56-19 win over Lancaster Christian.
* South Pittsburg: Demetric Johnson gained 102 yards on just eight carries with two TDs and caught two passes for 58 yards and another score in the Pirates' 49-2 district win over Whitwell.
* Trion: Cory Bethune ran for 71 yards and passed for 64, but the Bulldogs suffered their first loss of the year, 35-13 to Darlington. The loss dropped Trion to 0-1 in Georgia Class A-6A play.
* Tyner: Kalen Hardley scored twice, but the Rams suffered their first district loss, 28-19 to Hixson.
* Walker Valley: Gabe Cartwright scored the Mustangs' TD in a 39-8 loss to McMinn County.
* Whitwell: Dustin McHone gained 79 yards on 12 rushes, but Whitwell was overwhelmed by South Pittsburg, 49-2.