<for games of Oct. 5-6>
(Coaches are invited to make nominations. Send an e-mail to Ward Gossett at firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 p.m. each Saturday.)
* Boyd-Buchanan: Jim Cardwell threw for one TD, rushed for two and then returned an interception for a fourth score in the Buccaneers' 53-0 victory over Unaka.
* Bradley Central: Bryce Copeland ran for two scores and passed for another, finished with 243 total offensive yards but the Bears lost to Ooltewah 34-23.
* Central: Kevin McKenzie scored a TD on a 23-yardpass from Dominique Dawson, intercepted a pair of passes and recovered a fumble in the Pounders' 39-21 loss to Tyner.
* Chattanooga Christian: Jay Simms gained 52 yards and scored the Chargers' only TD in a 37-13 loss to Silverdale Baptist.
* Christian Heritage: Trevor Brown passed for 114 yards and the Chargers' first TD in his team's 20-7 loss to Gordon Lee.
* Cleveland: C.J. Bryant ran for 110 yards and a TD and also intercepted two passes and recovered a fumble but the Blue Raiders lost to McMinn County 26-21.
* East Hamilton: Senior runner Logan Jackson topped the 1,100-yard mark seven games into the season, gaining 156 yards while playing only one series more than the first half in the Hurricanes' 49-0 District 6-AA victory over Hixson.
* East Ridge: JoJo Tillery accounted for all three scores, rushing for 70 yards and throwing for more than 100, in the Pioneers' 21-6 win over Howard.
Jo Jo Tillery rushed for 70yds and 1 TD and threw for over 100yds and 2 TDs
* Gordon Lee: Zach Cobb picked up 151 yards on 19 carries and scored a pair of TDs in the Trojans' 20-7 victory over Christian Heritage.
* Grace Academy: Aaron Tisdale ran for 133 yards (10 carries) in the Golden Eagles' 44-13 loss to Marion County.
* Grundy County: Michael Nolan ran for 81 yards and the Yellow Jackets' first TD in a 21-7 victory over Upperman.
* Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe: Pooh Harden gained 83 hard-fought yards in the Warriors' 45-16 loss to Cartersville.
* Marion County: Blake Zeman ran for 161 yards and a TD on 15 carries and also has caught a TD pass as the Warriors defeated Grace Academy 44-13.
* McMinn County: Kelvin Wells scored a pair of TDs on his way to a 316-yard rushing performance in the Cherokees' 26-21 victory over Cleveland.
* North Jackson: Senior receiver Daqwan Lawrence scored three TDs -- catches of 12 and 40 yards and a run of 20 yards -- as the Chiefs clubbed host Butler 62-7.
* Northwest Whitfield: Silas Ledford threw for a pair of TDs, completing 14 of 17 passes for 210 yards in the Bruins' 31-11 win over Heritage.
* Ooltewah: Desmond Pittman kept hammering at Bradley Central and wound up with three touchdowns and 248 rushing yards in the Owls' 34-23 victory over Bradley Central.
* Polk County: Zach Miller ran for 125 yards and caught two passes for another 70 yards but the Wildcats saw their five-game win streak snapped by Signal Mountain 39-18.
* Red Bank: Hagen Wilkey was involved in all of the Lions' points, throwing three TD passes and adding two more touchdown runs and a pair of two-point conversions in the Lions' 36-15 win over Brainerd.
* Ridgeland: Vonn Bell caught three passes, all for TDs covering a total of 182 yards and also added another TD and 91 rushing yards on just two touches as the Panthers spanked rival Dalton.
Ringgold: Slade Dale ran for 120 yards and a TD and passed for 122 as the Tigers evened their record at 3-3 with a 41-7 win over Sonoraville.
* Sequatchie County: Jake Pickett ran for 103 yards on six carries and a TD and also threw a TD pass as the Indians defeated Whitwell 35-6.
* Signal Mountain: Reese Phillips ran for two TDs and passed for 256 yards and another score as the Eagles rallied to beat Polk County 39-18.
* Silverdale Baptist: Matt McCulley rushd for 182 yards on 24 carries and scored a pair of first-half TDs in the Seahawks' seventh win of the season, a 37-13 victory over Chattanooga Christian.
* Trion: Scotty Lively rushed for a pair of scores, finishing with 114 yards on seven carries, and also returned a kickoff 80 yards in the Bulldogs' 48-13 win over Glascock County.
* Tyner: Sedik Spence caught four passes for 108 yards and three of those went for scores in the Rams' 39-21 win over Central.
* Walker Valley: Justin Ware rushed for more than 100 yards and a TD in the Mustangs' 42-12 win over Soddy-Daisy.
* Whitwell: Cody Ingrassia rushed seven times for 58 yards but the Tigers fell to Sequatchie County 35-6.