(Coaches are invited to make nominations. Email Ward Gossett at email@example.com by 2 p.m. each Sunday.)
* Baylor: Michael O'Connor completed 14 passes for 178 yards, but the Red Raiders were slammed 42-17 by unbeaten Ensworth.
* Bledsoe County: Holden Boynton again was the Warriors' workhorse, carrying the ball 22 times for 113 yards, but they suffered their first District 7-AA loss at Notre Dame, 31-7.
* Brainerd: If not for sack yardage, quarterback Sam Caffey would've had a 100-yard rushing night. As it was, he finished with 50 yards on 13 carries and also had a 57-yard scoring reception on a halfback pass from Ashante McGruder.
* Boyd-Buchanan: Jim Cardwell ran for 109 yards and two TDs on six carries and didn't have a single misfire in seven passing attempts for another 95 yards as the Buccaneers pounced Grace Academy 37-7 and improved to 5-0 overall and 2-0 in District 5-AA.
* Calhoun: Almost a weekly nominee for player of the week, Taylor Lamb threw for 462 yards and three TDs and rushed for two scores in the Yellow Jackets' 46-35 victory over Carrollton. The win pushed Calhoun to 3-0.
* Central: TaQuan Johnson hauled in a 70-yard pass from Dominique Dawson, but the Pounders fell 20-14 to Howard.
* Chattanooga Christian: The shotgun has legs. Quarterback Levi Corbett, known very much for his passing skills, ran 19 times for 151 yards and three TDs and passed for 121 yards and two other scores as the Chargers surprised Sequatchie County 32-27.
* Cleveland: D.J. Jones caught four passes for 139 yards, and each went for a touchdown in the Blue Raiders' 56-28 win over previously unbeaten Walker Valley.
* Copper Basin: Dylan Boggs ran for one score and passed for another, but the Cougars lost a heartbreaker, 16-14, to Silverdale Baptist.
* Dade County: Travis Nunley ran for 66 yards and a TD but also had seven catches for 122 yards and another TD in the Wildcats' 31-15 loss to Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe.
* East Hamilton: Logan Jackson picked up 168 yards on 24 carries and scored four TDs as the Hurricanes outlasted stubborn Brainerd 41-12 and improved to 4-1 overall and 2-0 in District 6-AA.
* East Ridge: JoJo Tillery completed 10 passes for 111 yards, but the Pioneers were shut out by Tyner.
* Gordon Lee: Adam Vandiver scored twice -- an early 17-yard run for the Trojans' 7-0 lead and then a victory-icing 6-yard pass reception from Garrett McAllister with two minutes left -- in a 25-7 victory.
* Grace Academy: Austin Powell had 11 tackles and a fumble recovery, but the Golden Eagles dropped a District 5-AA decision to top-ranked Boyd-Buchanan.
* Grundy County: Hayden Holland scored three TDs while catching nine passes for 169 yards, but the Yellow Jackets suffered their first District 7-AA loss, 43-19 to Signal Mountain.
* Hixson: Allante Novene continued his strong pass-catching, pulling down 11 catches for 181 yards and a TD in the Wildcats' 36-35 win over Red Bank. He also had six tackles and two pass break-ups.
* Howard: Terrance Brooks had 33 rushing yards and passed for 221 in the Hustlin' Tigers' first win of the year, 20-14 over Central.
* Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe: Jackson Wallin scored on a first-half 16-yard run, but it was his 97-yard kickoff return that keyed the Warriors' 31-15 victory over Dade County.
* Lookout Valley: Jamal Jones is making sure college recruiters don't forget him. He rushed for 187 yards and three touchdowns in the Yellow Jackets' 47-22 victory over Whitwell.
* Marion County: Blake Zeman scored on a 68-yard run and finished with 135 yards on 15 attempts in the Warriors' 49-21 loss to South Pittsburg.
* McCallie: Chad Toliver continues to impress coach Ralph Potter. He ran for 156 yards and two touchdowns on 24 carries and returned a kickoff 97 yards for a score in a 31-21 league victory over Father Ryan.
* McMinn County: Their power game combo intact and clicking, the Cherokees won a key district battle 35-24 at Ooltewah. Leading the way were runners Kelvin Wells (136 yards) and Dre Sanders (120).
* North Jackson: Daqwan Lowrance had four receptions covering 51 yards and two carries for 54 yards and a TD as the Chiefs got their first win of the year, 42-14 over visiting Ardmore.
* Notre Dame: Taylor Bankston had a 90-yard TD run and finished with 126 yards on five carries as the Irish improved to 3-1 overall and 2-0 in District 7-AA with a 31-7 defeat of Bledsoe County.
* Ooltewah: Stewart Doss picked off a pass and returned it 42 yards, but the Owls fell to McMinn County 35-24.
* Polk County: Chris Wimberley returned a punt 78 yards for a touchdown less than two minutes into the game and then hooked up with Justin Brown on a 52-yard passing TD as Polk County slipped past Sweetwater, 26-19. Polk improved to 4-1 overall and 2-0 in District 5-AA.
* Red Bank: Hagen Wilkey completed 12 passes for 147 yards and ran for 42, but the Lions fell 36-35 to District 6-AA rival Hixson.
* Rhea County: Jeremy Moffett was held out of the end zone but accounted for 105 of the Golden Eagles' rushing yards (on 12 carries) in their 20-14 rivalry loss to Soddy-Daisy.
* Ridgeland: Darrell Bridges averaged 20.6 yards per carry (nine attempts, 185 yards) and scored three first-half touchdowns in the Panthers' 42-8 victory over visiting River Ridge.
* Sequatchie County: Blake Cates had 25 carries and finished with 241 yards and two scores, but the Indians fell 32-27 to Chattanooga Christian.
* Signal Mountain: James McClean ran for 183 yards (16 carries) and scored three TDs as the Eagles remained unbeaten in District 7-AA (2-0) and improved to 2-3 overall.
* Silverdale Baptist: Spencer Mossburg booted a 22-yard field goal to open the scoring and threw a 33-yard pass to Coltin Rogers with 22 seconds left as the Seahawks rallied for a 16-14 District 5-A victory over Copper Basin.
* Soddy-Daisy: Brett Standifer suffered three interceptions but made up for it with a three-TD passing night and 213 yards. His last TD strike came midway of the fourth period and gave the Trojans their game-final 20-14 lead.
* South Pittsburg: One of three Pirates to hit the 100-yard plateau, Jajuan Lankford scored just once but gained 213 yards on 10 carries in a 49-21 win over county rival Marion County.
* Tyner: Ahmad Johnson opened the scoring with a 50-yard fumble return early in the first quarter, and the Rams never looked back in a 34-0 District 6-AA win over East Ridge.
* Walker Valley: Justin Ware scored three of the Mustangs' four TDs in a loss to Cleveland and finished with 131 yards on 11 carries plus an 86-yard kickoff return.
* Whitwell: Ben Sartin scored on a fumble return and a 10-yard run, but the Tigers dropped a District 6-A game to Lookout Valley, 47-22.