<for games of Oct. 27>
(Coaches are invited to make nominations. Send an e-mail to Ward Gossett at firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 p.m. each Saturday.)
Several schools are listed with "no report." Coaches are asked to call or have their appointed statistician call on game nights with scoring summary, team statistics and individual statistics for both teams as soon as games are over. Call 423-757-6273.
* Baylor: Rafael Gaglianone kicked three field goals including a 57-yarder in the Red Raiders' 16-9 loss to Ensworth.
* Bledsoe County: Blake Smith picked up 83 yards on 17 carries but the Warriors were shut out 28-0 by Silvedale Baptist.
* Brainerd: Open date.
* Boyd-Buchanan: Jim Cardwell completed 28 of 38 passes for 265 yards and two TDs and a two-point conversion but the Buccaneers lost to Sequatchie County 42-28.
* Bradley Central: no report; beat Soddy-Daisy 36-7.
* Calhoun: No report; beat Armuchee 63-10.
* Central: Isyah Funk scored on runs of 7 and 52 yards en route to a 119-yard rushing night but the Pounders lost to Hixson, 20-12.
* Chattanooga Christian: Austin Mansell caught nine passes for 56 yards in the Chargers' 34-7 loss to Marion County.
* Christian Heritage: No report; won 47-0 over Providence Christian.
* Cleveland: Austin Herink had two TD passes included in an 18-for-25 night as the Blue Raiders handed Ooltewah its first District 5-AAA loss, 26-21.
* Coahulla Creek: Cameron Burton scored his team's only TD in a 42-6 loss to Ringgold.
* Dade County: Blake Lynn scored three TDs and ran 17 times for 200 yards in a 47-0 victory over Murray County.
* Dalton: No report; beat Heritage 41-3.
* East Hamilton: Tony Francois caught three passes for 113 yards and two TDs but the Hurricanes lost 27-24 at Rhea County.
* East Ridge: Jo Jo Tillery threw one TD pass and ran for another score but the Pioneers lost to Tyner, 28-14.
* Fort Payne: No report; lost 35-20 to Scottsboro.
* Gordon Central: No report; lost 56-8 to Sonoraville.
* Gordon Lee: Colin Wright scored the Trojans' only TD on a 36-yard pass reception in a 17-8 loss to Trion.
* Grace Academy: Will Slack scored four TDs while rushing for 166 yards in the Golden Eagles' 48-20 win over visiting Jackson County.
* Grundy County: No report; beat Cumberland County 30-21.
* Heritage: No report; lost 41-3 to Dalton.
* Hixson: Gill Brown ran for one TD and passed for another as the Wildcats clinched the 6-AA championship with a 20-12 victory over Central.
* Howard: No report; lost 46-26 to Red Bank.
* Ider: No report; lost 35-7 to Sand Rock.
* LaFayette: T.J. Hawkins scored twice and finished with 89 yards on 12 carries as the Ramblers upended Ridgeland 32-29 for their first win of the season.
* Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe: Jacob Gilbert turned in a five-touchdown night including a 92-yard kickoff return but the Warriors fell 63-43 to North Murray.
* Lookout Valley: Open date.
* Marion County: Blake Zeman had 15 carries for 142 yards and a TD and two-point conversion run in the Warriors' 34-7 win at Chattanooga Christian.
* Murray County: Lost 47-0 to Dade County.
* McCallie: Alex Trotter scored two TDs and ran for 120 yards in a 34-18 loss to Father Ryan.
* McMinn Central: Open date.
* McMinn County: Corbin Powers threw four TD passes and completed 14 of 29 passes with no interceptions for 155 yards in the Cherokees' 32-0 win over Walker Valley.
* Meigs County: No report; lost to Harriman 38-20.
* North Jackson: Octavius Jackson scored twice and ran for 100 yards but the Chiefs lost to Pope John Paul II 18-13.
* North Murray: Drake McCowan scored five TDs and gained 159 yards on 19 carries in his team's 63-43 victory over Lakeview-F.O.
* North Sand Mountain: No report; beat Westbrook Christian 15-14.
* Northwest Whitfield: no report; beat Southeast Whitfield 45-28.
* Notre Dame: Kareem Orr caught eight passes for 169 yards and scored twice in the Irish's hard-fought 21-14 victory over Coalfield.
* Ooltewah: Though held to less than 100 rushing yards, Desmond Pittman did score twice in the Owls' 26-21 loss at Cleveland.
* Polk County: Chase Blevins returned a blocked punt 27 yards for the Wildcats' first TD in a 30-24 loss to South Pittsburg.
* Red Bank: No report; beat Howard 46-26.
* Rhea County: Joby Berry ran for 63 yards and scored what would be the winning TD in the Eagles' 27-24 victory over East Hamilton.
* Ridgeland: Noah Cooper scored a pair of TDs and ran for 151 yards but the Panthers lost to LaFayette 32-29.
* Ringgold: Kile Sholl scored three times and gained 93 yards on 11 carries in the Tigers' 42-6 win at Coahulla Creek.
* Scottsboro: No report; beat Fort Payne 35-20.
* Sequatchie County: Blake Cates scored twice, ran 11 times for 102 yards and had 12 solo tackles and seven assists in the Indians' 42-28 win over Boyd-Buchanan.
* Signal Mountain: James McClellan was a workhorse, running 37 times for 191 yards and a TD in a 47-20 loss to Greeneville.
* Silverdale Baptist: Matt Millard ran for 106 yards and one TD in the Seahawks' 28-0 victory over Bledsoe County.
* Soddy-Daisy: No report; lost to Bradley Central 36-7.
* Sonoraville: No report; beat Gordon Central 56-8.
* Southeast Whitfield: No report; lost to Northwest Whitfield 45-28.
* South Pittsburg: Kahlil Mitchell scored his team's final two TDs including the game-winner with 0:29 left in a 30-24 win over Polk County.
* Trion: Cory Bethune ran for one TD and 74 yards and passed for 69 yards in the team's 17-8 win over Gordon Lee.
* Tyner: Haasan Miller threw two TD passes and added a rushing touchdown in the Rams' 28-14 win over East Ridge.
* Walker Valley: No report; lost to McMinn County 32-0.
* Whitwell: Clay McHone turned in a five-TD, 223-yard rushing performance as the Tigers improved to 5-5.