(For games of Sept. 12-13)
(Coaches are invited to make nominations. Send an email to Ward Gossett at firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 p.m. each Saturday.)
Several schools are listed with "no report." Coaches are asked to call or have their appointed statistician call on game nights with scoring summary, team statistics and individual statistics for both teams as soon as games are over. Call 423-757-6273.
* Baylor: Ryan Parker had 10 tackles including 1.5 sacks in the Red Raiders' 58-19 victory over Brainerd.
* Bledsoe County: No report; lost to York Institute, 29-21.
* Brainerd: Sam Caffey threw two TD passes while completing 18 of 24 passes for 189 yards in the Panthers' 58-19 loss to Baylor.
* Boyd-Buchanan: Carter Broome recovered two fumbles for the Bucs in a 26-0 loss to Notre Dame.
* Bradley Central: Clayton Steeles kicked the game-winning extra point with 4:22 to play in the Bears' 14-13, come-from-behind win at Hixson.
* Calhoun: No report; lost 42-7 to Carrollton.
* Central: Isyah Funk scored twice while gaining 96 yards as the Purple Pounders knocked off previously unbeaten Marion County 21-19.
* Chattanooga Christian: Open date.
* Cleveland: No report; defeated Wilson Central 33-13.
* Coahulla Creek: No report; lost to Christian Heritage 27-9.
* Dade County: Zac Freeman gained 124 yards on just 11 carries and scored TDs on runs of 34, 2 and 53 yards in a 40-13 win over Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe
* Dalton: Open date.
* East Hamilton: Hunter Moore had his second straight 300-yard passing game, throwing for 351 and five TDs while rushing for another score in the Hurricanes' 42-21 win at Riverdale.
* East Ridge: Jo Jo Tillery, coming out of his early-season shell, scored all three TDs and rushed for 86 yards and passed for 32 in the Pioneers' surprising 20-19 win over Polk County.
* Fort Payne: No report; won 20-15 over Arab.
* Gordon Central: No report; lost 14-12 to Murray County.
* Gordon Lee: Hunter Teeters scored the game's only TD in the third quarter as the Trojans held on for a 6-2 victory over Armuchee.
* Grace Academy: Will Slack ran for 117 yards and two touchdowns, returned an interception 65 yards for his third TD and then ran a kickoff back 65 yards for a four-TD night in the Golden Eagles' 43-6 victory over Lookout Valley.
* Grundy County: Michael Nolan helped the Yellow Jackets avoid a shutout, pulling in a 4-yard pass from Hunter Davis with 0:05.2 left in a 49-7 loss to Silverdale Baptist.
* Heritage: No report; lost 43-7 to Cass.
* Hixson: Isaiah Robinson ran for 139 yards on 18 carries but was held out of the end zone and the Wildcats missed an extra-point try in a 14-13 loss to Bradley Central.
* Howard: Cudjoe Young gained 94 rushing yards and scored a TD and also had nine tackles and two assists as the Tigers got their first win of the season, 27-14 over Loudon.
* Ider: No report; lost 21-16 to Westbrook Christian.
* LaFayette: No report; lost 62-21 to Cedartown.
* Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe: Skyler Rogers got both of the Warriors' TDs in a 40-13 loss at Dade County.
* Lookout Valley: Jalen Wynn got the Yellow Jackets' only score in a 43-6 loss to Grace Academy.
* Marion County: Blake Zeman scored all three of the Warriors' TDs and totaled 229 rushing yards, but they fell to Central 21-19.
* Murray County: No report; won 14-12 over Gordon Central.
* McCallie: Andrew Busby broke lost for 161 yards on just 12 carries and scored once, but the Blue Tornado gave up 17 points in the fourth quarter and lost to Siegel 34-31.
* McMinn Central: No report; lost 42-0 to Knoxville Grace Christian.
* Meigs County: Dakota Rider scored five touchdowns and picked up 148 yards in just 12 carries as the Tigers got their first win of 2013, 55-6 over Sale Creek.
* North Jackson: Octavius Jackson made it interesting with 173 rushing yards, two TDs and a two-point conversion run, but the Chiefs dropped their third straight, this one 36-34 in overtime to Ardmore.
* North Murray: Hinton McConkey threw two TD passes and ran for another score while accumulating 117 rushing yards in the team's first victory of the season.
* North Sand Mountain: No report; won 34-13 over Sand Rock.
* Northwest Whitfield: No report; won 25-13 over Pickens.
* Notre Dame: Auston Banks ran 28 times for 296 yards and scored two touchdowns as the Irish shut out Boyd-Buchanan 26-0.
* Ooltewah: Desmond Pittman scored a pair of TDs and gained 173 yards in the Owls' 31-16 win over Tyner.
* Polk County: Zach Miller had another 100-yard game, this one 188 on 34 carries, and he scored all three of the Indians' TDs in a 20-19 loss to East Ridge.
* Red Bank: He was held out of the end zone, but fill-in Malik Davis gained 138 yards on 28 carries.
* Rhea County: Noel Patterson had two catches for 100 yards, the first covering 87 yards for a TD, but the Golden Eagles suffered their first loss of the year, 24-17 at Walker Valley.
* Ridgeland: Noah Cooper scored three of the Panthers' TDs in a 42-14 victory at River Ridge.
* Ringgold: Slade Dale passed for one TD and ran for another and a two-point conversion, but the Tigers lost to Central, Carroll 19-12.
* Scottsboro: No report; lost to Gadsden Southside 28-6.
* Sequatchie County: Blake Cates had an 80-yard kickoff return for the Indians' TD in a 48-7 loss at South Pittsburg.
* Signal Mountain: Diamez Franklin ran the ball only six times but ran up a 157-yard total with three touchdowns in the Eagles' 63-0 victory at Red Bank.
* Silverdale Baptist: Josh Rogers ran for 86 yards and a score and caught a 34-yard pass for another TD as the Seahawks routed Grundy County 49-7.
* Soddy-Daisy: Open date.
* Southeast Whitfield: No report; lost 18-6 to Gilmer.
* South Pittsburg: Jajuan Lankford scored on runs of 48 and 30 yards while rushing for 166 yards and also had a 34-yard touchdown pass reception as the Pirates defeated Sequatchie County 48-7.
* Trion: The Bulldogs moved to 3-0 behind Chandler Latham, who ran for 115 yards and two TDs in a 42-7 victory over Walker.
* Tyner: Rodney Watson scored on a 44-yard pass from Willie Stewart in the final period, but it was too little and too late in a 31-16 loss to Ooltewah.
* Walker Valley: Colton Morrow pulled in the go-ahead TD pass and completed a 33-yard play as the Mustangs rallied to beat Rhea County 24-17.
* Whitwell: Cody Ingrassia scored twice and ran for 62 yards, but the Tigers fell at Harriman, 27-18.