Yeah I'm back. 37 years of law enforcement experience, but what do I know. In the case of guns, we're actually talking about a RIGHT guaranteed under the Constitution. And rights don't exist conditionally. You either have them, or you don't.
NOTHING could have saved those poor children and teachers in Newtown, except an armed police officer(s), armed staff, double entry security doors, and stricter mental health laws, which is a huge slippery slope. Anyone with common sense knows that
1) there are sick people in this world, and 2) criminals don't care about laws. We have laws on the books, but we just don’t want to enforce them, because that would cost too much money to build more prisons and hire more guards. Oh we can’t lock up these poor victims of the environment, they need help our help and understanding. Obviously, CT and the federal government have NO common sense, no understanding that, unfortunately there will be another incident. It may be in CT or in some other State, but there are enough sick people and criminals who don't care about these "feel-good" laws that do nothing but give the idiots who represent us the chance to pat themselves on the back. This also includes the media that carry their water for them, including Clay, and his ilk on this post site. All you liberals want to do is feel good, even when you know that your plans don’t work, have never work, because you never use logic and common sense. I'm thoroughly disgusted with the progressives/liberal/ status/socialist, who all think they know how to run your life far better than you do. I guess they want us to shut up and listen while they tell you what you need, or don't need, as the case may be. They tell you that you don't need a weapon for self defense, vomit will be just as effective.
The liberals want to create new gun laws and the current gun laws are not taken serious or not strengthened. I’m starting my 36th year in law enforcement so I know what I’m talking about. Several States Carry Concealed Weapons Laws are still misdemeanors. Granted they carry mandatory jail so the convicted receive weekends in jail for a month, or a few months in jail, but they can work at their jobs. In Wisconsin they strengthened Armed Robbery from 20 years to 40 years in prison. It didn’t do any good and the convicted are rarely sentenced to ten years in prison, which is not even close to the old laws, let alone 40 years in prison. The liberals just want to feel good when they pass such laws. If by some miracle the courts come down hard on just the current gun laws, what will happen is that a lot of African Americans are going to jail a lot more and serve more time. I’m not being racist here. Plus the vast majority of the victims that are being shot at, shot, or murdered, are African Americas. Do you really think the liberals will be concerned about the victims here or the fact that a lot more blacks are going to prison? What if a 17 teen year old fires a few shots at somebody tonight, but for the grace of God no one is hit, and he gets arrested. What is going to happen to him?
In 2011 - 7 years after the Assault Weapons Ban (AWB) expired - the DOJ reported that the murder rate in the US fell to a FOUR DECADE LOW.
8 years AFTER the expiration of the Assault Weapons Ban, the murder rate in the United States is LOWER than it was during EVERY SINGLE YEAR THAT THE BAN WAS IN PLACE.
The problem of evil actions -- to which we seem half-acclimated in this progressive century of ours -- precedes the invention of firearms. I could say it goes back to whatever Cain used on Abel: possibly just his non-controlled, non-regulated fingers. This is assuming the ill-fated pair in Genesis 4:8 excite recognition in our fast-secularizing world, where problems and solutions alike turn out to be present-embedded and human-made.
I’ve learned never to say, “I’ve seen it all.” What happened to the poor children and the brave unarmed staff and teachers rushing in to save their children, is just beyond believe. That is the horrific crime committed against the victims and the bravery of the staff and teachers. We have to be so grateful for people like this, who like police officers and firefighters, run to where their help is needed, instead of the other way. I say in memory of them, the leaders in this Country have to really look into how our present laws, throughout the Country, must be strengthen, and also enforce the present laws. Turn on your TV and listen to how many times the phrase "we must DO SOMETHING about this" is repeated. They must not knee jerk and pass un-thought-out laws again, just feel good.
I heard that these t-shirts are selling like hot cakes. (Ineptocracy_definition_t_shirt)
Al, I take my hat off to you on your long standing prediction that Oblamea will win reelection. My prediction was 319 electoral votes for Romney and I wasn't even close.
Today will be Oblamea's happiest day and then his happiness will continue to go downward during the next four years.
I will now join millions and millions of other people who did not vote for Oblamea and we can all say, "Don't blame me."
Believe that big government will be able to handle the economical loss of the earning power of the retiring “Baby Boomers” and also be able to provide their future healthcare
· Approve of winning elections using Saul Alinsky’s “By any means possible”
· Approve of activists Judges, especially on the Supreme Court
· Believe that desires are rights
· Reject that Obama offered free everything for people who want free everything in exchange for votes
· Were proud that Obama informed the victims of Hurricane Sandy that he has their backs but ignore the fact that Obama didn’t have the backs of our citizens who died in Benghazi
· Have no clue that a really great politician serves his party best by putting their Country first
With our Country divided in half I really have a dim view of the future. When it was announced that Obama won the election I watched the crowd in Chicago jumping up and down, smiling, fist bumping, waving small America flags. I couldn’t believe the parents and grandparents that were celebrating when their children and grandchildren will have to pay for our 16 trillion (and counting) debt. The young people celebrating who will still not have jobs available to them when they graduate from college. People in the crowd who just love the fact that then can receive welfare and don’t have to look for work, get free healthcare, cell phones, and being in the Country illegally knowing nothing will happen to them. Big City Mayors celebrating and who ignore the fact that their part of the decades long history of ruining their cities, using the liberal template.
The celebrating people:
· Believe that Obama now has a mandate even though he received less votes and a smaller margin victory than in 2008
· Believe that it is all right that the Country is clearly divided
· Proud of the fact that they reelected a President for the first time in history, with a 8.0 unemployment rate
· Proud of the fact that they reelected one of the worse Presidents in history
· Reject the fact that the Country is facing a fiscal cliff
· Think dictionaries should add evil to the word rich to make it read “evil-rich”
· Reject people who have achieved success
· Believe people got rich at the expense of the poor people
· Reject capitalism (http://www.capitalism.org)
· Believe that Obama will be successful the next four years and the unemployment rate will go down
· Are ignorant of the fact that millions of people who have quit looking for work or are only working a part time job are not included in the dismal unemployment rate
· Believe that the government can tax the job creators more and that they still will create jobs
· Believe that a substantial amount of private companies will not have to close just because Obama has been reelected
· Reject what our founding forefathers fought and died for and think that European Socialism will somehow work in America
· Ignore the historical fact that socialism has always failed because it ran out of other people’s money and that socialism is really shared misery
· Reject the fact that the Country was created on Christian principals
· Believe that the words “social justice” should be in the Constitution
· Reject the notion that the media covers for the liberals/progressives/socialists/statists
· Believe that a big government is the answer to the Country’s problems
· Believe that Obamacare, which will be 1/6 of the governments budget, will be successful
· Believe that the cost of Obamacare will not keep rising
· Believe that Medicare and Medicaid will always be there for everyone
· Reject the notion that in the future Obamacare will have to take over Medicare and Medicaid
I look into so many polls, past election predictions, opinions, and what later really happened, so I guess I'm an election junkie. Also re-read my 10:56 a.m. post because it is my opinion why Oblamea has lost ground, and will further lose ground, because the Libya killings, and cover up. So to answer your question I have to inform you that I use the;
B.A.L. (Blind A$$ Luck) & the S.W.A.G. (Scientific Wild A$$ Guess) methods.
Regarding your electoral prediction, (Oblamea 291 Romney 247) I would have to disagree with you. The people in this Country, after four years, have come to realize that Oblamea has been a failure, and people do not care for failures/losers. They realize now that he was over his head and he was just an empty suit from Chicago who used his natural talent of using smoke and mirrors, along with his teleprompter prowess. They have finally seen his real demeanor as a narcissist, snarkey toward people, full himself, lectures everyone, drones on, and became predictable. The people didn’t hear anything new from him so they became turned off by all of this. Oblamea can’t gasp the fact that he really did himself in when he thought that he is impregnable because of his advisers and having the media in his back pocket. He took this demeanor into the debates and went against Romney, who obliviously took Bill Cristal’s (from the Weekly Standard) advice, to always look and act Presidential. The biggest reason that Oblamea will not be reelected is that the people now have reasons not to vote for him and they are now off the hook and don’t have to feel guilty voting against him.
As I listed before, Romney will receive 318 electoral votes, and on January 20, 2013 he will be sworn in as the next President of the United States. (January 20th is my and Clay’s birthday, so I will be really happy that day, and Clay won’t)
I'm happy to hear that you are not a communist. Now, not cherry picking my 12:39 p.m. post again, do you feel that Oblamea has diehard Marxist-Leninist leanings after very limited, but timely, on topic posting?
Karl Marx wrote, “The theory of communism may be summed up in one sentence: Abolish all private property.” After one hundred days in office Oblamea nationalized (which is the code word for a Leninist-style government takeover of private industry) General Motors (GM). Using common sense here, he did this to save the unions. Romney’s opinion was that GM should have filed for bankruptcy, which would have kept GM afloat, and they then could have renegotiated the union contacts. I believe Romney is right because the government has no business running a car company. (GM now is Government Motors) Afterward Oblamea stated, “We’ve begun the work of remarking America…..I’m pleased with the progress that we’ve made, but I’m not satisfied.” Of course he didn’t stop with GM on his smoke and mirrors, long march toward his Grand Marxist-Leninist Makeover of America. Next came the banks, the mortgage industry, and Oblameacare, which will be 1/6th of the economy. Karl Marx must be proud of our President, who is a diehard Marxist-Leninist, who is on his way to a socialist makeover of America. Saul Alinsky in his book, Rules for Radicals, said in part “the strategy of working within the system until you can accumulate enough power to destroy” or boring from within. Are you clueless Oblamea lovers starting to realize that he is committed to transforming America into a socialist state, and I’m not talking about European socialism? Everywhere Marxism-Leninism has been tried, it has failed.
Look into the many quotes by Winston Churchill regarding communism and one of my favorites is, “No socialist government conducting the entire life and industry of the country could afford to allow free, sharp, or violently-worded expression of public discontent. They would have to fall back on some form of Gestapo.”
President Ronald Reagan had many great statements regarding liberals and a socialist state, but one that stands out is’ “How do you tell a communist? Well, it’s someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-communist? It’s someone who understands Marx and Lenin.”
One of my favorite statements, which is dedicated to you clueless Oblamea lovers is “If you got your head up you’re a$$ your other five senses are not working.”