This cartoon is way, way off-base. Nuclear power plants have been in use in the US for more than 42 years and there has never, ever been a death attributed to these reactors!
EaTn: Unions represent unions. The greater the value of the benefits they negotiate, the more union leaders benefit. Unions are a business, operating there own health care business, retirement system, etc. Very little difference except for public unions, where the taxpayer must foot the bill.
Were the book titled "The Audacity of Hope" it could bear the signature "Bill Ayers".
What's with the obituary list!!??? Can't you list the names by date of death anymore?
Firstly, collective bargaining is not a RIGHT, it's a PRIVILEGE that has been negotiated between a union and an employer of union members.
Unions served a useful purpose in the early to mid-20th century -- they serve little or no purpose today. American workers are not as dependent on unions to provide them a place in the workforce of a company and are much more likely to move to another company if they don't like their job or see greater opportunities elsewhere. The steady decrease of unionized employees over the past 30 years or so demonstrates this.
Unions also became far too greedy over the past 30 or 40 years. School teachers in Wisconsin may earn only $50 thousand or so/year but they receive health care benefits worth thousands more and do not currently pay anything into their retirement system. When you include those benefits into the equation their income may be as much as $80 thousand/year or more.
Generally, if the employees of a company are unionized and you want a job there, you must agree to join the union and pay union dues. This is blatantly opposit of "right to work" philosophy.
I say send the unions packing!
Let's look at these one by one:
09. The unions are pushing to implement formation of a union THROUGH THE USE OF CARD CHECK ONLY!
07. So who's correct? All we have here is a difference of opinion.
06. Maybe not a madrassah but you can't dispute the fact that Obama's development was in a very formative stage at that age. Impressions made during those years of age tend to remain into adulthood.
05. The attendance figure depends on which source you believe. I notice you do not cite yours.
04. The guidebook was sufficiently incorrect to prompt a recall and rewrite.
03. Simple "spin" used by both parties.
02. 15 years or 21 years, the acts were still occurring.
01. If university career counselors cannot work with military recruiters it inhibits recruiting! Might as well ban the ROTC.
When you don't have any money, you stop spending. Or would you have us borrow even more money that our grand children will have to repay?
Poorly organized. How do you get to "Obituaries" and "Sudoku". I would think they should appear under the "Life" tab but can't find them.
“When I first walked through the door, the deficit stood at $1.3 trillion,” Obama said, citing the estimates that greeted him a year ago.
So why didn't he take steps to reduce the deficit rather than add to it? This President has no clue about how to govern.