tmcjunkin's comment history

tmcjunkin said...

STOP the police state! There are an estimated 16,064 children between the ages of 10 and 17 in the city of Chattanooga. We are letting a mere 2% (the estimated 400 that gathered) dictate the freedom of the other 98%!!!! Curfew, maybe. But, not allowing the (beyond) vast majority of our teens to go play frisbee in the park during the day is REE-diculous!

This is one of the only public places they can go have fun with their friends. I am absolutely disgusted with the fear mongering that the city council is engaging in (with the notable exception of Andrae McGary!). San Francisco (and many many other cities) are able to manage public parks WAY bigger than ours! Maybe we need to conference call some of them. STOP punishing the majority for the actions of a few with these quick little gestapo actions that give everybody the illusion that something effective is being done.

March 23, 2011 at 10:35 a.m.
tmcjunkin said...

I could not agree more!

There are an estimated 16,064 children between the ages of 10 and 17 in the city of Chattanooga. We are letting a mere 2% (the estimated 400 that gathered) dictate the freedom of the other 98%!!!! Curfew, maybe. But, not allowing the (beyond) vast majority of our teens to go play frisbee in the park during the day is REE-diculous!

This is one of the only public places they can go have fun with their friends. I am absolutely disgusted with the fear mongering that the city council is engaging in (with the notable exception of Andrae McGary!).

San Francisco (and many many other cities) are able to manage public parks WAY bigger than ours! Maybe we need to conference call some of them. STOP punishing the majority for the actions of a few with these quick little gestapo actions that give everybody the illusion that something effective is being done.

March 23, 2011 at 10:34 a.m.
tmcjunkin said...

STOP the police state!

There are an estimated 16,064 children between the ages of 10 and 17 in the city of Chattanooga. We are letting a mere 2% (the estimated 400 that gathered) dictate the freedom of the other 98%!!!! Curfew, maybe. But, not allowing the (beyond) vast majority of our teens to go play frisbee in the park during the day is REE-diculous!

This is one of the only public places they can go have fun with their friends. I am absolutely disgusted with the fear mongering that the city council is engaging in (with the notable exception of Andrae McGary!). San Francisco (and many many other cities) are able to manage public parks WAY bigger than ours! Maybe we need to conference call with some of them. STOP punishing the majority for the actions of a few with these quick little gestapo actions that give everybody the illusion that something effective is being done.

March 23, 2011 at 10:32 a.m.
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.