twyla67's comment history

twyla67 said...

Sorry..had to add this upon re reading the article...I think the mayor needs to "realize" a little better if he thinks that 90-95 percent of the residents are innocent of the "alleged" crimes committed there. It's more like 5 percent are innocent and the other 95 percent are dealing! I CHALLENGE the mayor of East Ridge to check out the records on most of these so called "innocent" bystanders. I think he's in for a rude awakening!

August 11, 2010 at 5:09 p.m.
twyla67 said...

I moved into Superior Creek Lodge about four years ago. My husband and I were looking for a temporary place til we found a home we wanted. We were trying to get our kids out of the area we had been in, which was rampant with drugs and hookers. BIG mistake. When we moved into the motel, we were pretty content with the facilities and the price, and at first glance back then, there seemed to be nothing wrong. One day while out at the pool, I noticed one of the same drug dealers who had been in my old neighborhood, approaching my daughter. I immediately went to the management and told them that a crack dealer was on the premises, that he had approached my daughter, and that we had watched him go into several of the rooms. The manager said she would take care of it and we were satisfied with that. The next day the man was back...we reported again. A couple of nights later, my husband went to escort our daughter back to the room from where she had been playing with some friends and he noticed people "posted up" at each end of the hallways and on every floor. We've lived in a "crack" neighborhood, so we knew what was going on. Once again, we approached management, once again we were told she would look into it. By this time we were noticing quite a bit....the staff was talking alot with the drug dealer we had seen, we noticed several of the staff that were obviously "geeked" up, my daughter was approached by one of the staff about buying crack....it went on and on. I called the police finally. He looked around, did what he said he could do and left. The next morning we were told we had to leave. When we asked why, the manager told us that they didn't need anyone calling the police from there.

This is NOT one or two bad apples...this place is almost an organized dug house. Anyone who lives there KNOWS what's going on. Yes, I believe there are some that have no choice, but most are there specifically to deal and use. The management knows about it, tolerates it and basically encourages the criminal behavior that goes on there. Crack is sold on a regular basis there, meth is cooked there, pills and every other kind of drug you can imagine is distributed through this place. It's known by many as the place to go to get anything you want.

August 11, 2010 at 6:46 a.m.
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.