Empty churches in greater Chattanooga area being resurrected into new uses

photo St. Andrew's United Methodist Church now serves as St. Andrew's Center, an urban, faith-based neighborhood center.

photo The Church on Main, once home to the congregation of St. James United Methodist Church, is now an event hall that hosts weddings, receptions, rehearsal dinners, charity fundraisers and business meetings.

photo Built in 1905, the venue now known as Lindsay Street Hall was originally the worship center of First Congregational Church.

photo This Jehovah's Witness hall was renovated into the home-studio of Jan Chenoweth and Roger Halligan.