• Project: The Market featuring Shell gasoline.
• Owner: Tiger Management Group.
• Location: 5010 Hunter Road, Ooltewah.
• Size: 5,100 square-foot mostly brick building, 24 fueling positions, 1.5 acre lot.
• Contractor: TG Edwards Construction.
• Timeline: Open by Oct. 15.
• Scope: This upscale gas station will include more than fuel. The Market will house the Bistro Express serving fresh yogurt, chicken, milkshakes and salads, and an automatic car wash with a variety of options, including waxes. There will be about a dozen parking spaces. Customers will have the option to pay cash at the pump, as well as participate in the Bi-Lo fuel perks program.
Company officials expect this gas station to be one of the company's highest performing stations and hope to capitalize on the area's high growth. Tiger Management will hire about 15 people to staff the station, which will be headed by veteran manager Alice Cooper.
• History: Tiger Management now operates about 40 gas stations in the region, and is building about three new stores per year in high growth areas. The company hopes to continue that rate of growth throughout the Chattanooga and Ooltewah area.
- Complied by Shelly Bradbury, who may be reached at [email protected] or 423-757-6525.