Several North Georgia educational efforts were recognized as finalists for the third annual Georgia STEM Education Awards which recognizes schools, programs and companies for outstanding efforts and achievements in supporting and promoting STEM education, short for science, technology, engineering and math.
The Technology Association of Georgia and the TAG Education Collaborative selected finalists in eight categories. Those finalists from Northwest Georgia include:
• Dalton's Brookwood Elementary School was recognized in the elementary school category.
• Rome's Armuchee Middle School was recognized in the middle school category.
• Ridgeland High School was honored in the high school category.
• The extracurricular category honored Dalton's Camp DEM (Design, Engineering, and Manufacturing), which is held each summer on the campus of Northwest Georgia College and Career Academy
• Rossville-based HATponics was recognized in the corporate outreach category.
Winners in each category will be officially honored at the third annual Georgia STEM Education Awards event on Sept. 26 at the Savannah International Trade and Convention Center.