Here's what's happening in the Chattanooga area this week.
What life advice would you give a recent Chattanooga-area college and/or high school graduate? What do you wish you would've known or done differently?
Let us know at tinyurl.com/4yjy39xz. Your words of wisdom could be included in an upcoming edition of the Chattanooga Times Free Press.
Find more events, and add your own, at timesfreepress.com/events.
CHATTANOOGA THEATRE CENTRE - 400 River St. August Wilson's "Joe Turner's Come and Gone," 8 p.m. June 10-11, 2:30 p.m. June 12, 7 p.m. June 16, 8 p.m. June 17-18, 2:30 p.m. June 19, 7 p.m. June 23, 8 p.m. June 24-25, 2:30 p.m. June 26. $20-$25. theatrecentre.com
CUMBERLAND COUNTY PLAYHOUSE - 221 Tennessee Ave., Crossville, Tenn. Show times vary. ccplayhouse.com
- Through Aug. 11: "On Golden Pond." $16-$30.
- June 10-Aug. 21: Rodgers & Hammerstein's "Cinderella." $18-$34.
OBVIOUS DAD - UTC Fine Arts Center, 752 Vine St. "Gruesome Playground Injuries," 2:30 p.m. June 5 (final show). $15. obviousdad.com
THE RINGGOLD PLAYHOUSE - 155 Depot St., Ringgold, Ga. "Misery," 2 p.m. June 5 (final show). $8-$10. Facebook.com/TheRinggoldPlayhouse
TENNESSEE VALLEY THEATRE - 184 W. Jackson Ave., Spring City, Tenn. "The Father," about the struggle with dementia, 7:30 p.m. June 10-11, 2 p.m. June 12, 7:30 p.m. June 17-18, 2 p.m. June 19. Admission by donation; all proceeds go to the Alzheimer's Association. tennesseevalleytheatre.com
ATLANTA BRAVES WORLD CHAMPIONS TROPHY TOUR - Regional stops for area residents to see and make photos with the team's 2021 World Series championship trophy. mlb.com/braves/fans/trophy-tour
- June 5: 1-4 p.m. Cambridge Square, 9453 Bradmore Lane, Ooltewah.
- June 10: 5-8 p.m. at Calhoun Depot, 109 S. King St., Calhoun, Ga.
- June 11: 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Bradley Square Mall, 200 Paul Huff Parkway NW, Cleveland, Tenn.
- June 12: 2-5 p.m. at Gilmer County High School, 408 Bobcat Trail, Ellijay, Ga.
CHATTANOOGA FOOTBALL CLUB - Finley Stadium, 1826 Carter St. Double-header tickets $7-$16. chattanoogafc.com
- June 11: CFC Women, amateur team in the Women's Premier Soccer League, vs. Alabama FC, 4:30 p.m. $5-$12.
- June 11: CFC Men, National Independent Soccer Association professional team, vs. AC Syracuse, 7:30 p.m. $7-$16.
CHATTANOOGA LADY RED WOLVES - CHI Memorial Stadium, 1 Stadium Way. Amateur soccer team in USL-W league vs. South Georgia Tormenta FC, 7:30 p.m. June 12. $12-$24. chattladyredwolves.com
CHATTANOOGA LOOKOUTS - AT&T Field, 201 Power Alley. Class AA affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds conclude home series vs. Rocket City Trash Pandas, 2:15 p.m. June 5. Promotions: Food drive for Chattanooga Area Food Bank (trade a canned good for a general-admission ticket), Catch on the Field, Kids Run the Bases. $6-$11. lookouts.com
CHATTANOOGA ROLLER DERBY - Chattanooga Convention Center, 1 Carter Plaza. Women's Flat Track Derby Association squad opens home season with triple-header June 11; gates open at 2 p.m. Schedule: Chattanooga's Ruby Regulators vs. Fort Walton Beach Junior Bombers, 3 p.m.; B-Railers vs. Vette City Hot Broads, 5 p.m.; All Stars vs. Panhandle United Roller Derby, 7 p.m. Portion of proceeds goes to Humane Educational Society. $6-12. chattanoogarollerderby.com
TENNESSEE ASSOCIATION OF VINTAGE BASE BALL - 6th Cavalry Museum, 6 Barnhardt Circle, Fort Oglethorpe, Ga. Mountain City Club of Chattanooga vs. Lightfoot Club of Chattanooga, 1 p.m. June 11. Free admission. tennesseevintagebaseball.com
THE AGEE FAMILY - Ewtonville Baptist Church, 2420 Old Union Road, Dunlap, Tenn. Gospel group sings for homecoming service, 10 a.m. CDT June 5. theageefamily.com
BARKING LEGS THEATER - 1307 Dodds Ave. Acoustic guitarist Alan Shikoh plays for Wednesday Jazz in the Lounge, 7 p.m. June 8. $5. barkinglegs.org
BEN WAITES - Calvary Memorial Baptist Church, 518 U.S. 41, Ringgold, Ga. Southern gospel artist on tour, 7 p.m. June 10. benwaites.com
THE CAVERNS - 555 Charlie Roberts Road, Pelham, Tenn. Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular, 7 p.m. CDT June 11 (underground show). Tickets start at $52. thecaverns.com
COMMUNITY CHORAL CONCERT - Second Presbyterian Church, 700 Pine St. Joint tour through Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia by Chattanooga Boys Choir and Chattanooga Choral Society for the Preservation of African-American Song starts in Chattanooga, 6 p.m. June 9. Free. chattanoogaboyschoir.org
DALLAS ROGERS - Gospel singer on tour. dallasrogersmusic.com
- June 5: Homeland Baptist Church, 472 Treadwell Road, Chatsworth, Ga., 11 a.m.
- June 5: Covenant Baptist Church, 249 Calhoun Road SE, Cleveland, Tenn., 6 p.m.
- June 12: Fairview Baptist Church, 6807 Snow Hill Road, Ooltewah, 11 a.m.
FRIDAY FESTIVALS - First Street Square, 240 First St. NE, Cleveland, Tenn. Monthlong series continues with Monday Night Social, 7 p.m. June 10. Free admission. Facebook.com/marketcleveland
THE INSPIRATIONS - Southern gospel quartet on tour. theinspirationsquartet.com
- June 9: Friendship Baptist Church, 3901 Lowery Lane, Rocky Face, Ga., 7 p.m.
- June 10: United in Faith Center, 2911 Congress Parkway, Athens, Tenn., 7 p.m.
MEMORIAL AUDITORIUM - 399 McCallie Ave. tivolichattanooga.com
- June 9: ABBA the Concert, tribute show by 21st Century Artists, 7:30 p.m. $34-$64.
- June 11: Patti LaBelle, 7:30 p.m. $54-$150.
NIGHTFALL - Miller Plaza, 850 Market St. Free summer concert series continues June 10 with local act Shiggy opening at 7 p.m. for headliner Wildermiss at 8 p.m. Artists, games and food vendors at adjacent Miller Park. nightfallchattanooga.com
NOKIAN TYRES SUMMER NIGHTS - Rhea County Courthouse, 1475 Market St., Dayton, Tenn. Monthlong series continues with Michelle Leigh from Nashville, 7 p.m. June 10. Food vendors available. Bring your own seating. Free admission. rheaheritage.com
RIVERBEND FESTIVAL - Ross's Landing, 201 Riverfront Parkway. Alt-country band Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit headlines on final day, June 5. Gates open at 2 p.m. $75 one-day admission. riverbendfestival.com
SCENIC CITY CHORALE - Jewish Cultural Center, 5461 North Terrace. Sixty-member all-volunteer chorus in concert, 3 p.m. June 12. Free. jewishchattanooga.com
THE SIGNAL - 1810 Chestnut St. Shakey Graves with Bendigo Fletcher, 8 p.m. June 11. $27-$54. thesignaltn.com
SINGER SONGWRITER SERIES - McLemore, 32 Clubhouse Lane, Rising Fawn, Ga. Monthly series continues with double-feature Singing Sisters Jam, featuring Lauren Jenkins and Annie Clements & Friends, 6 p.m. June 9. $55. themclemore.com
SONGBIRDS - 35 Station St. Charles Wesley Godwin, with special guest Justin Wells, 7 p.m. June 9. $15 in advance, $18 day of; discounts on four-packs. songbirdsfoundation.org
SUMMER MUSIC WEEKENDS - Rock City, 1400 Patten Road, Lookout Mountain, Ga. Summer season programming includes music artists and raptor shows, Friday through Sunday through Sept. 5, plus holidays and the week of July Fourth. $18-$28. seerockcity.com
WALKER THEATRE - 399 McCallie Ave. Little River Band with Randy Steele, 7:30 p.m. June 12. $55-$85. tivolichattanooga.com
BOBBY STONE FILM SERIES - Tivoli Theatre, 709 Broad St. Summer Spectacular screenings begin with "Alien" (director's cut), 7 p.m. June 11 and "To Kill a Mockingbird," 2 p.m. June 12. $10-$12. tivolichattanooga.com
MUSIC & MOVIES IN MILLER - Miller Park, 928 Market St. Free summer series continues with Nubreed Band and screening of "The Wiz," 6-10 p.m. June 11. Includes music by SoundCorps buskers, oversize games, artist vendors and food trucks. Bring your own seating. rivercitycompany.com
OUT & ABOUT
AFTERNOON TEA - Houston Museum of Decorative Arts, 201 High St. Celebration of Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee, 1 and 3 p.m. June 5 (separate seatings; four courses). $35-$55. Reservations required. 423-267-7176
BEST OF PREPS BANQUET - Chattanooga Convention Center, 1 Carter Plaza. Chattanooga Times Free Press event honoring region's top high school athletes, 6-9 p.m. June 8. Special guest is Georgia Bulldogs quarterback and Football Bowl Subdivision national championship MVP Stetson Bennett. $50. bestofprepschatt.com
CANOE TOUR - West Chickamauga Creek from Dalton's Ford to Reed's Bridge (directions with reservations). Free, four-hour outing by Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park to learn about the Confederate crossings of the creek during the Battle of Chickamauga, 9 a.m. June 11. 423-643-6888
CHATTANOOGA FESTIVAL OF BLACK ARTS & IDEAS - Monthlong celebration to honor artists of African descent. Multi-event VIP packages available. BlackArtsAndIdeasFest.com
- June 5: "The Fire Next Time" art exhibition inspired by the literary works of James Baldwin, 5 p.m. at Chattanooga Theatre Centre, 400 River St. Includes lecture by Jody Harris and artist talk. Free.
- June 9: Opening reception for exhibition by featured artist La-Tesia Danielle and featuring saxophonist Frank Bumpass, 6 p.m. at Proof Bar & Restaurant, 422 E. M.L. King Blvd. Free admission.
- June 10: Opening night of "Joe Turner's Come and Gone" 8 p.m. at Chattanooga Theatre Centre, 400 River St., with reception at 7 p.m. (see Theater listing).
- June 11: Writers Workshop with Erika Roberts of Velvet Poetry, followed by open mic with Rhyme N Chatt, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at Chattanooga Theatre Centre, 400 River St. $10 suggested donation.
- June 11: Literary Lounge featuring local Black authors and poets reading excerpts of their writing, 2-6 p.m. in Chattanooga Theatre Centre lobby, 400 River St. Free.
- June 12: Sip, Paint & Spit: Poetry Meets Paint, 3-6 p.m. at Chattanooga Theatre Centre, 400 River St. $25 includes wine.
- June 12: Performance of "Joe Turner's Come and Gone," 2:30 p.m., followed by lecture by August Wilson Society Education director Pedro E. Alvarado, 4:30 p.m. at Chattanooga Theatre Centre, 400 River St. $25 for both.
CHATTANOOGA MARKET - First Horizon Pavilion, 1826 Carter St. Weekly market of local produce, arts and crafts, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sundays. Free admission. chattanoogamarket.com
- June 5: Sunday Funday
- June 12: Ice Cream Social
CHATTANOOGA POP - Bessie Smith Cultural Center auditorium, 200 E. M.L. King Blvd. Community workshop for area residents to give input on the city's new Parks and Outdoors Plan, 5-7:30 p.m. June 8. Registration appreciated but not required. Register or take survey: chattanoogaparksandoutdoorsplan.com
CLEVELAND'S FAMILY FUN DAY - Greenway Park, 775 Raider Drive, Cleveland, Tenn. Taste of Food Trucks presents food and merchandise vendors, crafts, games, pony rides, train rides, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. June 11. Free admission. Eventbrite.com
DIXIE HIGHWAY YARD SALE - U.S. 41 in North Georgia. Roadside bargains from Ringgold to Marietta (participation varies), June 5 (final day).
EARLY BIRD HIKE - Sterchi Farm, 3000 Harrison Pike. Outing to explore language and communication styles of area birds, 8-9:30 a.m. June 11. Presented by the Trust for Public Land and The Chattery to celebrate opening of South Chickamauga Creek Greenway. Admission by donation. thechattery.org
FAMILY FUN DAY - Ross's Landing, 201 Riverfront Parkway. Free kite building sessions (first 50 participants; registration required), oversize lawn games, music, soccer with Operation Get Active, art activities and Art 120 cars on display, 9 a.m.-noon June 11. rivercitycompany.com
FREE FISHING DAY - Fish without a license in Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama on June 11, final day of National Fishing and Boating Week. takemefishing.org
REFLECTION RIDING - 400 Garden Road. reflectionriding.org
- Fridays: Meet Our Animal Ambassadors, 1:30-2:30 p.m. Free.
- Saturdays: Raptor Reflections, 9 a.m.-10 p.m. $5 nonmembers.
- Saturdays: Vulture Adventure, 11 a.m.-noon. $15-$20.
RESCUES ON THE RUNWAY - Chattanooga Convention Center, 1 Carter Plaza. Fundraiser for Humane Educational Society includes cocktail hour, adoptable pets, three-course meal, fashion show with models accompanied by animals, live auction, 6 p.m. June 11. heschatt.org
SUNFLOWER FESTIVAL - Copper Creek Farm, 1514 Reeves Station Road SW, Calhoun, Ga. Twenty-five activities including pig races, hayride, pony rides, petting barn, June 10-July 23 (hours vary; closed Sundays). $18 with discounts for seniors and groups; free for children under 36 months old. coppercreekfarm.com
THE COMEDY CATCH - 29 Station St. Lydia Popovich, 7:30 and 9:45 p.m. June 10-11. $17-$19. thecomedycatch.com
WALKER THEATRE - 399 McCallie Ave. Brian Regan, 7:30 p.m. June 10. $55-$65. tivolichattanooga.com
AREA 61 GALLERY - 721 Broad St. "Eat, Drink & Be Merry" paintings by Cindy Procious, through June. area61gallery.com
ARTCRAFTERS - 1356 Market St., Dayton, Tenn "The Way I See It" by Suzanne Huffman, through June 25. 423-775-1401
THE ARTS CENTER - 320 N. White St., Athens, Tenn. Open Exhibit & Art Competition, through June 24. athensartscouncil.org
AVA GALLERY - 30 Frazier Ave. Tennessee Watercolor Society's 50th anniversary exhibition, through June 24. 423-265-4282
HUNTER MUSEUM OF AMERICAN ART - 10 Bluff View.
- June 9: Cosplay Night inspired by "Enchanted: A History of Fantasy Illustration," with costume contest, illustrations from "Game of Thrones," "Earthsea," "The Spiderwick Chronicles" and other fantasy series, vendors with collectibles, cash bar, music, 6-7:30 p.m. Regular admission: $20 nonmember adults, $5 discount if in costume.
- June 12: Sunday Studio, drop-in art experiences for families to make magical mini monsters and their tiny homes, 2-4 p.m.
ICA @ UTC - Institute of Contemporary Art at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 752 Vine St. "New Acquisitions From the George Cress Estate," through July 29. firstname.lastname@example.org
IN-TOWN GALLERY - 26A Frazier Ave. "Food for the Body or Soul," through June 30. intowngallery.com
NORTHSIDE GALLERY - Northside Presbyterian Church, 923 Mississippi Ave. "Moments With Monet," through June 21. 423-266-1766
RIVER GALLERY - 400 E. Second St. Works by Brad Schweiger and David Swanagin, through June. river-gallery.com
TENNESSEE AQUARIUM - 1 Broad St. "Washed Ashore," works created with recovered plastic debris, through Oct. 30. tnaqua.org
Contact Lisa Denton at email@example.com or 423-757-6281.