The Lookout Mountain Judicial Circuit Drug Task Force searched four homes Tuesday and Wednesday tied to "a loose organization" of suspected methamphetamine dealers.
In addition to that drug, according to a news release, investigators found marijuana, cocaine, prescription drugs and guns. Among those arrested:
- Wayne Marshall Galloway, 43, of Trion
- Allison Nicole Smith, 22, of Trion
- Benny Frank Hatcher, 48, of LaFayette
- Patricia Ann Galloway, 71, of Trion
- Joe Edward Wiley, 60, of Chickamauga
- Steven Lynn Hill, 52, of LaFayette
- Serena Renee Bolton, 31, of LaFayette
- David Ray Byrd, 28, of LaFayette
- Mindy Paige Stevens, 28
- Harlan Shield Norton, 55, of LaFayette
- Sandra Faye Sipsy, 48, of Trion
- Nikki Austine Ballard, 40, of Trion
According to arrest warrant affidavits, agents searched a home in the 400 block of Greenbush Road in LaFayette around 11 a.m. Wednesday. When the officers arrived, Byrd and Stevens ran off into the woods, Byrd allegedly dropping a canister as he trudged along.
Officers caught them soon after, charging Stevens with obstruction of officers. In the canister, agents said they found cocaine, marijuana, Diazepam and Alprazolam. Officers charged Byrd with possession of methamphetamine, cocaine and marijuana.
Around 12:45 p.m., officers searched a home in the 100 block of Shorty Shelton Road in Trion. They found a plastic bag with methamphetamine, which Sipsy allegedly laid claim to.
The officers also looked in a purse belonging to Ballard, allegedly finding six or seven baggies of methamphetamine inside, as well as a tin with marijuana. Officers charged Sipsy and Ballard both with possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute.
Around 3 p.m. Wednesday, officers then searched a home in the 900 block of Moore Road in LaFayette, finding methamphetamine and marijuana in what they described as Norton's work room. They charged him with possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute and possession of marijuana.