ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

A family living on Flat Top Mountain in the 2400 block of Shirley Loretta Land lost their home this afternoon in a fire. 

The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental. The family did not have insurance to cover the damage, according to a release from Hamilton County Emergency Services. The American Red Cross is responding to assist with immediate needs.

The family noticed the fire coming from near the front porch and tried to put it out with a garden hose. The home was fully engulfed by the time firefighters responded. 

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT