ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Photo by CFD Battalion Chief Chris Willmore. Firefighters responded to a garage fire Saturday afternoon.

A man removing a fuel tank from a vehicle in his garage spilled the fuel into a flood light, causing a fire that resulted in approximately $20,000 in damage. 

Firefighters arrived to the Cleveland Avenue home early Saturday afternoon and extinguished the fully engulfed garage as it began to spread to the adjacent home. The fire was contained to the garage area and caused only minor damage to the home. 

"Quick work by Chattanooga firefighters prevented a house from being destroyed by fire this afternoon," according to a release from a department spokesman. 

The fire will be ruled accidental, according to the release. No injuries were reported. 

The Red Cross is providing assistance to the family. 

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT