Fire at assisted living facility extinguished quickly

Fire at assisted living facility extinguished quickly

December 16th, 2018 by Staff Report in Breaking News

A fire just before noon Sunday forced residents at The Lantern at Morning Pointe to evacuate briefly as a precaution while firefighters snuffed out the blaze.

Chattanooga firefighters responded to a fire at the facility at 7620 Shallowford Road, Battalion Chief Brandon Schroyer said in a statement.

Schroyer said the firefighters located the fire in a laundry room and, with help from the facility's sprinkler system, contained the fire to that room. No injuries were reported.

Schroyer said part of the assisted living facility near the fire was temporarily evacuated as a precaution, while the rest of the residents and staff were asked to shelter in place until the emergency was over. Schroyer said the fire appears to have started in or near a clothes dryer. The cause of the fire will be ruled accidental.

 


Loading...