ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

A faulty extension cord is being blamed for a house fire early Monday morning.

Chattanooga firefighters responding to a 7 a.m. call at 6431 Plantation Drive encountered heavy smoke as they made their way inside the house, according to a news release.

A man who lived at the home directed firefighters to the bedroom, where the fire was located.

After firefighters got the man out of the house, they were able to get the fire under control in less than 10 minutes, the release states.

The man was treated on scene for smoke inhalation, but he declined to go to the hospital.

Fire officials said the fire was accidental, likely caused by an extension cord.

The dollar loss was estimated at $10,000. 

This story was updated Jan. 29, 2018, at 11:59 p.m.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT