Sunday fire damages Tee Pee Drive home

Sunday fire damages Tee Pee Drive home

March 18th, 2019 by Staff Report in Breaking News

House fire tile black

A candle was blamed for a fire late Sunday in the 4200 block of Tee Pee Drive that damaged a home but was extinguished in about 25 minutes.

The call came in around 10:30 p.m. Sunday with several fire companies responding to the scene, according to a statement issued by Chattanooga Fire Department spokesman Bruce Garner. Battalion Chief Nate Middlebrooks said the fire appeared to have started in the living room of the home, according to the statement. The resident told firefighters that he left a candle burning unattended in that room.

The man told officials he tried several times to extinguish the fire himself before giving up and calling 911.

Middlebrooks said the cause of the fire is being ruled accidental.


Loading...