ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Chattanooga firefighters on Monday snuffed out a small fire outside the Steak 'N Shake in the 5100 block of Hixson Pike. / Photos from Capt. Chris LaFerry/Chattanooga Fire Department
some text Chattanooga firefighters on Monday snuffed out a small fire outside the Steak 'N Shake in the 5100 block of Hixson Pike. / Photos from Capt. Chris LaFerry/Chattanooga Fire Department

Chattanooga firefighters on Monday snuffed out a small fire outside the Steak 'N Shake in the 5100 block of Hixson Pike, according to a news release from the fire department.

The fire appeared to have been started by a discarded cigarette that spread to the surrounding mulch and then onto the building, officials said.

The fire was extinguished quickly and there was no damage to the interior.

Firefighters used a fan to ventilate the restaurant to allow it to reopen as soon as possible.

 

 

 

 

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT