* What: ZipStream Aerial Adventure, a challenge course
* Being done by: Ruby Falls and The Adventure Guild, which specializes in adventure-based recreation outdoors.
* Location: Side of Lookout Mountain, adjacent to Ruby Falls
* Why the new addition? ZipStream is an effort to offer a different outdoor experience for tourists and residents, officials said. "We were looking for something to add to the attraction of natural quality and use the natural typography so everything looked the same," said Hugh Morrow, president of Ruby Falls, longtime tourist site that has tours of caverns inside Lookout Mountain.
* Cost: $30 for admission
* Ages: 11 and up; maximum weight: 275 pounds
* When: Tentatively set to open the second week of April. Hours will be Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
* Offerings of the attraction: It includes beginner and intermediate courses, which take between an hour and 1 1/2 hours to complete. The 30 high-wire challenge elements are between 12 and 50 feet off the ground and include tunnels, ladders, nets bridges and walkways that will test a participant's sense of balance. A belay system is used to keep participants connected to a safety system as they transition to each challenge. Ending the adventure is a zip line where participants land on a platform. There is also a course for youngsters ages 6-10, which requires adult supervision and tentatively set to open in May.
"It's something the whole family can do," said Don Stock of The Adventure Guild. "Anybody who wants to push past their fear can do it."