* Name: Hampton on the Lake
* Location: Hampton on the Lake is off Snow Hill Road in Ooltewah. The entrance to this golf course community is about 10 minutes from a newly constructed shopping center and Interstate 75, and children can attend Ooltewah Elementary, Middle and High schools. A new hospital is also nearby.
* Status: Out of 36 total available lots, 17 homes have been built, and one is currently in the final stages of construction. Only custom homes are being built, though all homes are subject to an architectural review.
* Price: Homes range in price from $500,000 to $1.5 million. In that price range, square footage ranges from 4,200 to 7,000 square feet.
* Features: Buildings are constructed with brick and stone exteriors, accented with keystones and matched with lit mailboxes. Mailboxes and streetlights are lit using gas lamps, lending a classic feel to the neighborhood. Builders make extensive use of hardwood flooring, granite and marble surfaces inside, and professional landscaping.
* Amenities: The gated community is built in and around an undulating 18-hole golf course. A boat ramp with access to Wolftever Creek is accessible to all homeowners, and the community also has access to a golf course clubhouse, pool and poolhouse. The neighborhood is surrounded by woods, and each house backs either woods, the course or both. A community lake is also provided.
* Developer: Ellsworth McKee, who owns the signature home in the neighborhood, developed the subdivision.
* Contact: Paula McDaniel of Prudential - 355-0311
- Compiled by staff writer Ellis Smith