• Name: Noodles & Company
• Location: 405 Market St.
• Status: Workers are demolishing the existing space at 405 Market, formerly home to a series of nightclubs, to prepare for a fast-casual restaurant called Noodles & Company. Of the 5,000 square feet of space, about 1,000 square feet will serve as boutique retail, while the remaining space will hold the restaurant. Currently, EPB is working to update the power conduits to modern code, and workers will begin construction in earnest after the city approves the building design.
• Price: Owner Jordan Bozeman said the building will cost "about seven figures" when complete.
• Features: The exterior will feature red awnings and aluminum accents above the entryway. Floor-to-ceiling windows will overlook a patio outside that will seat 20 to 30 customers. Inside, dining tables in the front give way to booths, and finally a conference room for catered events down the hall. Bright, vibrant colors will take advantage of available light. Milled bamboo furniture adds an Eastern flair.
• Menu: All menu items are made to order, and 60 percent of the menu items contain 450 calories or fewer. An average meal costs about $8, and many dishes will include local produce, Bozeman said.
• History: The structure was built around 1950, and has served as home to a series of nightclubs throughout its life, Bozeman said. At one point, it held the Chattanooga Barber College. Chattanooga officials are excited, Bozeman said, to put the building's past behind it and to "improve the facade of Market Street."