Events and seminars
• North Chattanooga Council Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. Ronelle Sellers of Henderson, Hutcherson & McCullough, PLLC will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Networking at Green Spaces from 8 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Green Spaces Chattanooga, 65 E. Main St. AM Networking brings an average of more than 60 area businesspeople together for an hour of networking and refreshments. For more information, contact Stacy Carmosino at 423-763-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• An Hour with My Attorney from 11 a.m. to noon Wednesday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this seminar will explore leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and other topics of interest. Call 423-756-8668 for more information or to register.
• Downtown Council Meeting from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Double Tree Hotel: 407 Chestnut St. Jason Taylor, president of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Women-Owned Small Business Contracting Rule from 11 a.m. to noon Wednesday at BrightBridge Women's Business Center: 535 Chestnut St., Ste. 161. Attendees will learn the basics of doing business with the government as a certified woman-owned small business or economically disadvantaged woman-owned small business. Call 423-424-4220 to make a reservation.
• Southside Council Meeting at noon at the South Chattanooga Recreation Center: 1151 W. 40th St. Susan Harris of Rock City/Ruby Falls and Andrew Kean, the chief operating officer for the city of Chattanooga, will speak on "Developing a Culture of Excellence." Meetings cost $10.
• Small Business Orientation from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses, taxes and other start-up materials. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Coffee from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Friday at Hampton Inn: 6145 Weir Way.
• Affordable Care Act Workshop from 11 a.m. to noon Friday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. Attendees will explore provisions of health care reform and the Affordable Care Act as they relate to the costs and role of the business owner. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 to register.