Events and Seminars
• East Brainerd Council Meeting Tuesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Car Barn, 6721 Heritage Business Court. Sam Willis of the Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development will speak. Meeting cost is $10.
• Hixson Council Meeting Wednesday from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at North River Civic Center, 1009 Executive Drive. Meeting cost is $10.
• East Ridge Council Meeting Wednesday from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Best Western Plus Arbour Inn and Suites, 6710 Ringgold Road. Meeting cost is $10.
• International Business Council Meeting Thursday from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Dr. Shih-Lung Shaw, professor of geography at the University of Tennessee at Knoxville, will speak on the Confucius Institute at UT. The institute was established with the support of Hanban in Beijing, China, and Southeast University in Nanjing, China and offers Chinese programs both on and off campus. Dr. Shaw will talk about the classes offered through the institute and events and programs in place fostering cultural and educational exchange. Meeting cost is $10.
• QuickBooks Online Training Thursday from 8 a.m. to noon at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Lynn Talbott, PHR, HR Business Solutions, LLC will lead the session on the new cloud-based QBO system and will review all the new features, show you how to open multiple windows in QBO so you can toggle between reports, which QBO product does what, how to reconcile, how to sync with the bank, how to turn on and off preferences, how to view registers the way you want and how to use all of the features to their fullest. Registration and $110 fee are required at least 1-2 business days in advance. Call 423-756-8668 to provide payment. Register online at www.tsbdc.org/chscc.
• Enterprise Gateway Council Meeting Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. at Hospice of Chattanooga, 4411 Oakwood Drive. Speaker: Jennifer Flynn, TDOT. Meeting costs $10.
• CEG/BDC INCubator Luncheon Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The topic is "How to Prepare for Relocating My Business." Free for CEG/INCubator clients but costs $10 for others. To RSVP, contact Tabitha Erickson at 423-752-4301 or email@example.com.
• Small Business Orientation Thursday from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Counselor will discuss basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entities. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses and taxes, as well as other start-up materials. Free and open to the public. Visit www.tsbdc.org/chscc and scroll to view upcoming training to register.
• YPAC Luncheon Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Chattanooga Chamber, 811 Broad St. Offered the last Friday of each month, YPAC professional development luncheons feature networking and a keynote discussion from a local leader on topics related to the career development of the area's young professionals. Admission is $10 for YPAC members, $12 for non-members or $15 at the door.