Events and Seminars
• Reality Check - Bethel Christian Academy Monday, Dec. 1., from 1:30 pm to 2:30 p.m. at Bethel Christian Academy, 3001 Hamill Road. Reality Check teaches 9th graders budgeting and emphasizes the connection between education and income by allowing students to role-play as heads of household while trying to provide for their families on a set budget. Community volunteers are needed to assist with this event. To volunteer, contact Cathy Humble at 423-763-4321 or email@example.com.
• Member Orientation Tuesday, Dec. 2, from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at Chamber Board Room, 811 Broad St. Learn more about how the Chamber can benefit you and your business. For members and non-members: Free with light breakfast.
• North Chattanooga Council Meeting Tuesday, Dec. 2, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Speaker: Penny Hughey. Topic: Savvy Business Etiquette During the Holiday Season. Meeting costs $10.
• Orientation on the Go! Tuesday, Dec. 2, from 3:30 to 5 p.m. at green'spaces, 63 E. Main St. Join the SouthSide Council to learn more about member benefits and what's going on at the Chamber.
• AM Networking at Cadence Coffee Company Wednesday, Dec. 3, from 8 to 9 a.m. at Cadence Coffee Company, 11 E. 7th St. Held the first Wednesday of every month, AM Networking brings 75 - 100 area business people together for an hour of networking and refreshments.
• An Hour with My Attorney Wednesday, Dec. 3, from 11 a.m. to noon at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This seminar will explore leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and other topics of interest. Free and open to the public. Visit www.tsbdc.org/chscc and scroll to view upcoming training and to register.
• Downtown Council Meeting Thursday, Dec. 4, from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. at The Sheraton Read House Hotel, 827 Broad St. Tom Griscom will speak. Meetings cost $15 with valet parking included. Networking and breakfast will take place from 7:30 to 8 a.m. with the program lasting from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
• Reality Check - STEM School Thursday, Dec. 4, from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. at STEM School, 4701 Amnicola Highway.
• International Business Council Meeting Thursday, Dec. 4, from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Chattanooga State Community College, 4501 Amnicola Highway.
• Small Business Orientation Thursday, Dec. 4, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Counselor will discuss basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entities. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses and taxes, as well as other start-up materials. Free and open to the public. Visit www.tsbdc.org/chscc and scroll to view upcoming training and to register.
• Financing Your Business the SBA Way Thursday, Dec. 4, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This workshop covers SBA loan options, including which loan programs meet specific entrepreneurial needs. The session begins with the five C's of credit: character, cash flow, collateral, capitalization and conditions. The discussion then transitions to an overview of SBA's loan programs and specific information about interest rates, repayment terms and preferred SBA express lenders. Free and open to the public. Visit www.tsbdc.org/chscc and scroll to view upcoming training and to register.
• Free IT Infrastructure Advising with Lattimore Black Morgan & Cain Thursday, Dec. 4, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at The Company Lab (CO.LAB), 55 E. Main St. Visit The Company Lab (CO.LAB) the first Thursday of every month to receive free business technology advice from Lattimore Black Morgan & Cain. A specialist will be on site to provide guidance on IT infrastructure for financial/ERP systems, customer relationship management, business intelligence, document management, software development, local/networking needs and more. To schedule a 30-minute time slot for your start-up, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Coffee Friday, Dec. 5, from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at Wired Coffee Bar, 9447 Bradmore Lane. Consider attending this monthly networking event in Ooltewah to catch up with the best business connections around.
• Free Marketing Advising with Libby Santin Friday, Dec. 5, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at The Company Lab (CO.LAB), 55 E. Main St. Visit The Company Lab (CO.LAB) the first Friday of every month to receive free marketing advice from Dynamic Displays & Graphics president Libby Santin. Consultations will explore the process of interweaving marketing into multiple facets of a business. Santin's areas of expertise include setting the right price points, targeting the ideal customer, creating a brand and determining how to distribute products. To schedule a 30-minute time slot for your start-up, email email@example.com.
• CO.LAB + CO.STARTERS Holiday Market Saturday, Dec. 6, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at The Company Lab (CO.LAB), 55 E. Main St. To celebrate MainX24, The Company Lab (CO.LAB) will host a holiday market showcasing products from businesses that have graduated from the CO.STARTERS program. The public is invited.