Events and Seminars
• Get a Job - Ooltewah High School Monday from 7:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. at Ooltewah High School, 6123 Mountain View Road. Get A Job instructs 10th graders on the finer points of interviewing, completing job applications, dressing for success and other topics of importance for the 21st century workforce. Community volunteers are needed to assist with this event. Contact Cathy Humble at 423-763-4321 or firstname.lastname@example.org to participate.
• Chamber Seminar for Construction Related Businesses Monday from 1 to 5:30 p.m. at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 642 E. Fifth St., Tennessee Room. This free event provides training and networking opportunities for contractors, suppliers, construction-related businesses of all sizes and anyone interested in forging business connections with minority, women and veteran-owned businesses, small businesses and HUBZone businesses. To register, contact Maria Noel at 423-763-4338 or email@example.com.
• Red Bank Chamber Council meeting Tuesday from noon to 1 p.m. at Red Bank Community Center, Tom Weathers Drive. Ben Phillips of TJC Mortgage and HomeRate Mortgage will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Ribbon Cutting for Zounds Hearing of Chattanooga Tuesday from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m at Zounds Hearing of Chattanooga, 1511 Gunbarrel Road., Ste. 107.
• An Hour With My Attorney Wednesday from 11 a.m. to noon at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This seminar will explore leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and other topics of interest. Free and open to the public. Visit www.tsbdc.org/chscc and scroll to view upcoming training to register.
• East Ridge Chamber Council meeting Wednesday from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at East Ridge Community Center, 1517 Tombras Ave. Join the East Ridge Council in its annual silent auction.
• North Chattanooga Summit Wednesday from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The North Chattanooga Council is coordinating with the North Shore Merchants Collective to organize the North Chattanooga Summit, an annual event co-hosted by Chattanooga City Councilmen Chip Henderson, District 1, and Jerry Mitchell, District 2. Members of the general public are invited to join the conversation on economic development and quality-of-life issues in North Chattanooga. The discussion will cover safety, zoning, traffic, signage and beautification. Summit attendees will participate in a Q&A session where they will have the opportunity to voice their concerns and help identify solutions for improving the community.
• PUSHTOSTART Legal Series for Start-Ups Wednesday from 6 to 7 p.m. at The Company Lab (CO.LAB), 55 E. Main St. This intensive workshop will help entrepreneurs become proficient in the most critical aspects of owning a business. Hosted by PUSHTOSTART and held at The Company Lab, this session is the third installment in a series of four events. The workshops are designed to educate the start-up professional about topics such as business formation, capital structure, shareholder issues, securities laws, intellectual property and even zip-up hoodies as workplace attire. All sessions are led by corporate attorney Emma Flynn. To register for this free event, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Enterprise Gateway Chamber Council meeting Thursday from 8:30 to 9:45 a.m. at Hospice of Chattanooga, 4411 Oakwood Drive. Meetings cost $10.
• CEG/BDC INCubator luncheon Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Speaker: Aaron Gustafson. Topic: How to Hire a Web Professional. Free for CEG/INCubator clients but costs $10 for others. To RSVP, contact Tabitha Erickson at 423-752-4301 or email@example.com.
• Chamber Ambassador Orientation Thursday from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Chamber Board Room, 811 Broad St. This volunteer orientation includes an overview of Chamber Ambassador duties, as well as training that equips participants with strategies for leveraging Chamber connections to generate more business for their companies. RSVP required to Brenda Harrison at BHarrison@chattanooga chamber.com.
• International Business Chamber Council meeting Thursday from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Christian Höferle, a global business consultant, will speak on the next step for Chattanooga in the global business space. Meetings cost $10.
• Small Business Orientation Thursday from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Counselor will discuss basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entities. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses and taxes, as well as other start-up materials. Free and open to the public. Visit www.tsbdc.org/chscc and scroll to view upcoming training to register.
• Free Legal Advising with Huisman Law Firm Friday from 1 to 3 p.m. at The Company Lab (CO.LAB), 55 E. Main St. Visit To schedule a 30-minute time slot for your start-up, email firstname.lastname@example.org.