Seminars, classes and meetings
* Entrepreneur Bookkeeping from noon-1 p.m. Monday, June 1, at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Speaker: Lynn Talbott, owner of HR Business Solutions LLC. Free. Registration is required at tsbdc.org/chscc.
* North Chattanooga Council Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, June 2, at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Speaker: UTC Football Coach Russ Huesmann. Cost is $10.
* QuickBooks courses from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesday, June 3, at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Lynn Talbott of HR Business Solutions, LLC will lead classes for those who have at least six months of QuickBooks Desktop experience and another class for those who have QBO and want to learn how to move around more efficiently. Registration and fees required in advance at tsbdc.org/chscc.
* An Hour with My Attorney from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Wednesday, June 3, at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Charles G. Fisher of Grant Konvalinka & Harrison, P.C. will provide free help to area business owners. Registration is required at tsbdc.org/chscc.
* AM Networking at Cohutta Banking Company from 8-9 a.m. Wednesday, June 3, at Cohutta Banking Company, 800 Market St. Held the first Wednesday of every month. AM Networking brings between 75-135 business people together for an hour of networking and refreshments.
* Ambassador Orientation from 3-5 p.m. Wednesday, June 3, at the Chamber Board Room, 811 Broad St. This volunteer orientation includes an overview of Chamber Ambassador duties, as well as training that equips participants.
* Downtown Council Meeting from 7:30-9 a.m. Thursday, June 4, at The Sheraton Read House Hotel, 827 Broad St. Speaker: Bruce Hartmann, president of the Chattanooga Times Free Press. Cost is $15. Networking and breakfast will take place from 7:30-8 a.m. and the program from 89 a.m.
* Communication in the Workplace: Reducing defensiveness and keeping key people from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Thursday, June 4, at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Vincent Phipps, owner of Communication VIP, will lead the $90 seminar to teach the fundamentals of asking better questions to receive and clarify information. Registration is required at tsbdc.org/chscc.
* Southside Council Meeting from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday, June 4, at green|spaces, 63 E. Main St. Cost is $10.
* Free Accounting Systems Advising with LBMC from 1-3 p.m. Thursday, June 4 at The Company Lab (CO.LAB), 55 E. Main St. Visit The Company Lab the first Thursday of every month to receive free accounting systems advising from Lattimore, Black, Morgan & Cain. To schedule a 30-minute time slot for a startup, email email@example.com.
* Primetime from 4-7 p.m. Thursday, June 4 at First Tennessee Pavilion, 1826 Reggie White. This new Chamber member showcase and networking will be baseball and tailgate-themed. Join us in your jerseys for free hot dogs, popcorn, chips, soda, tea and beer. The first 50 attendees receive free Milk & Honey gelato and the first 100 people to arrive are entered to win a one-night stay at the Embassy Suites and a $100 gift certificate to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
* Small Business Orientation from 5:30-7 p.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, June 4, at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Speaker: Ryan Henn, the SBDC small business advisor. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Registration is required at tsbdc.org/chscc.
* What is a Business Plan? And Why Do I Need One? from 6-7 p.m. Thursday, June 4, at BrightBridge Women's Business Center, 535 Chestnut St., Suite 161. Attendees review the major components of the business plan. Make a reservation at 423-424-4220.
* Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Coffee from 8:30-9:30 a.m. Friday, June 5, at Wired Coffee Bar, 9447 Bradmore Lane.