Events and seminars
* East Brainerd Council meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 22, at Car Barn, 6721 Heritage Business Court. James McKissic, director of the Chattanooga's Office of Multicultural Affairs, will speak. Meeting costs $10.
* An Hour With My Attorney from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 23, at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. First floor. Charles G. Fisher, an attorney with Grant Konvalinka & Harrison, P.C., talk with business owners about leases, contracts, corporate formation, business transactions, debt and equity funding and other business-related legal topics. Registration required online at tsbdc.org/chscc.
* Experience Talks: Crowd Funding from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 23, at The Camp House, 149 E. ML King Blvd. Speakers will include Alex Lavidge of Co.LAB, Abby Garrison of Causeway, Rick Hitchcock of the Chambliss Startup Group, Leslie Jensen Inman of the Center Centre and George Yu, Variable Inc. Experience Talks is a speaker series that provides emerging entrepreneurs with firsthand business knowledge from other successful founders. Lunch is provided to registered participants at no charge with the help of event sponsor, Citizens Tri-County Bank. Registration is required online at tsbdc.org/chscc.
* Enterprise Gateway Council meeting from 8:30-9:45 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 24, at Hospice of Chattanooga, 4411 Oakwood Drive. Ryan Henn with Tennessee Small Business Development Center will speak. Meetings cost $10.
* Small Business Orientation from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 24, at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Ryan Henn will discuss basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entity. Registration required online at tsbdc.org/chscc.
* Find Your Funding from 1-2:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 24, at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Ryan Henn and Jacqueline Merritt with the SBA- Nashville District Office, will talk about bootstrapping, crowd funding, angel and venture capital funding, financing options such as HUD 108, SBA 504, SBA 7a and others. Registration required online at tsbdc.org/chscc.
* International Business Council meeting from 8-9:45 a.m. Friday, Sept. 25, at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce International Business Council and TN-China Network will a session on creating jobs through Chinese trade and investment. Elizabeth Rowland, executive director of TN-China Network, will moderate a discussion with Tom Zhu, project manager of Yanfeng Chattanooga Facility; Chris McKee, executive vice president for marketing and sales at McKee Foods; Leslie Alexander, international director for the Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development, and Charles Wood, vice president for economic eevelopment at the Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce. Meeting costs $10.
* YPAC Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, Sept. 25, at the Chattanooga Chamber, 811 Broad St. Offered the last Friday of each month, YPAC Professional Development luncheons feature networking and a keynote discussion from a local leader on topics related to the career development of the area's young professionals. Topics regularly include leadership skills, workplace dynamics, career advancement, community involvement and other subjects of interest. Networking begins at 11:30 a.m., followed by lunch and programming at noon. Admission is $10 for YPAC members, $13 for nonmembers.