A downtown Chattanooga skyscraper has a new owner.
The 109-year-old, 12-story James Building at 735 Broad St. has been sold for $5.8 million.
The 128,817-square-foot building was sold by a limited real estate partnership formed by the former owners of Rivermont Golf and Country Club, which bought the structure about two years ago.
The purchaser is Dew James LLC.
The James Building was designed by architect R.H. Hunt and built by Signal Mountain developer C.E. James in 1907. The original steel-and-concrete building was expanded to the north in 1917 to add another 48 rooms.
The James Building was included on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.