The annual revenues for HCA Heatlhcare and Dollar General were incorrect in an earlier version. HCA had revenues of $46.7 billion and Dollars General had revenues of $25.6 billion in 2018.
Tennessee's biggest companies:
1. FedEx, based in Memphis, $64.4 billion in revenues
2. HCA Healthcare, based in Nashville, $46.7 billion in revenues
3. Dollar General, based in Goodlettsville, $25.6 billion in revenues
4. International Paper, based in Memphis, $23.3 billion in revenues
5. Community Health Systems, based in Franklin, $14.2 billion in revenues
6. Unum, based in Chattanooga, $11.6 billion in revenues
7. AutoZone, based in Memphis, $11.2 billion in revenues
8. Delek US Holdings, based in Brentwood, $10.3 billion in revenues
9. Eastman Chemical, based in Kingsport, $10.1 billion in revenues
10. Tractor Supply, based in Brentwood, $7.9 billion in revenues
Source: Fortune 500, 2019, figures reflect 2018 revenues. The biggest U.S. companies by size, in order, are Walmart, ExxonMobil, Apple, Berkshire Hathaway and Amazon.