Two of the five cheapest cars to insure in Tennessee are Jeeps, according to a recent report by CarInsurance.com.
The Jeep Wrangler Sport SUV was No. 2 on the list and the Jeep Renegade was No. 4. Topping the list, as the No. 1 "cheapest to insure" vehicle in Tennessee, was the Fiat 500X Pop, all-purpose vehicle.
The web site analyzed data to find the cheapest-to-insure cars in all 50 states. The cheapest car to insure in Georgia was the Subaru Outback at $1,489 per year.
The report notes: "These vehicles all have a few things in common, they are pretty affordable, loaded with safety features as standard equipment and tend to be driven by safety conscious drivers — all things that insurance companies love."
Here's the Top 5 list (with average cost to insure) for Tennessee:
1. Fiat 500X, four door multi-purpose vehicle ($1,132)
2. Jeep Wrangler Sport, SUV, ($1,137)
3. Honda Fit, hatchback, ($1,142)
4. Jeep Renegade, hatchback, ($1,142)
5. Honda Odyssey LX, minivan, ($1,145)