* Letting Go of Perfectionism: Understanding Shame from 5:30-6:30 p.m. at The Edney, Floor Five, 1100 Market St. Sabrina Moon of the Problem Solving Institute focuses on how shame functions in life as the segway to becoming a more resilient and emotionally literate individual at work or home. Presented by The Chattery. Register at thechattery.org. $20.
* Chamber Member Orientation from 8:30-10 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1 at Chattanooga Chamber, Board Room. 811 Broad St. Join in to learn more about member benefits and what's going on at the Chamber. RSVP to Ann Riley, firstname.lastname@example.org. No cost.
* North Chattanooga Chamber Council Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1 at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Jermaine Freeman, economic development officer at City of Chattanooga, will speak. $12.
* UTC Job and Internship Fair from 12-6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1 at The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, University Center-Tennessee Room, 642 E. 5th St. Questions about the event, registration, or recruiting at UTC can be forwarded to Robert-Liddell@utc.edu.
* Downtown Chamber Council Meeting from 7:30-9 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 3 at Holiday Inn, 434 Chestnut St. Networking and breakfast will take place from 7:30-8 a.m. with the program lasting from 8-9 a.m. Program Topic: Challenging Bias in the Workplace. Moderator: Nicole Brown will moderate a panel on challenging biast in the workplace that will include Darion Scott, director of talent and inclusion at the Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce; Beverly Watts, executive director at Tennessee Human Rights Commission; Chantelle Roberson, Race & Ethnicity Employee Resource Group at Unum; and Alyson Thompson, program assistant manager at Creative Discovery Museum. $15.
* Scenic City Summit from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 3 and Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 4 at Chattanooga Convention Center, 1150 Carter St. Scenic City Summit is the largest local IT professional development program in Chattanooga. Register at http://bit.ly/2mUFx4R. $100 for an individual ticket, $75 for group rate of 6+.
* East Ridge Chamber Council Meeting from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 3 at East Ridge Community Center, 1517 Tombras Ave. Sean McDanie of the Chattanooga Red Wolves will speak. $12.
* Ooltewah/Collegedale Chamber Council Coffee from 8:30-9:30 a.m. Friday, Oct. 4 at Ooltewah High School, 6123 Mountain View Rd. No cost.
* Workshop: Simple Steps for Starting Your Business from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, Oct. 5 at SCORE Chattanooga Office, 5726 Marlin Rd., Ste. 515. Designed for those in the planning or idea phase of starting a new business. Register at https://conta.cc/2lUg8IA. No cost.
More on these events at chattanoogachamber.com.