* NEWtrepreneur Bookkeeping from 12-1 p.m. Monday, Jan. 6 at INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This information-packed class covers 10 of the most common bookkeeping mistakes and practical, efficient solutions to overcome them. Topics include: how to classify workers, receipt requirements, meal expenses, personal car expenses and more. Discounts on integrated apps and QBO available. Register at tsbdc.org. No cost.
* Member Orientation from 8:30-10 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 7 at Chattanooga Chamber, Board Room, 811 Broad St. Join us to learn more about your member benefits and what's going on at the Chamber. Please RSVP to Ann Riley, email@example.com. No cost.
* North Chattanooga Chamber Council Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 7 at INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. (Park across the street in the Republic lot). The speaker is Kelly Somerset, New Year CWLI. $12.
* 2020 Economic Outlook Breakfast from 7:30-9 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 8 at Chattanooga Convention Center, 1150 Carter St. David E. Altig, executive vice president and director of research at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, will speak. Register at chattanoogachamber.com/events.
* Pick the Brain of an Attorney from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 8 at INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. In this one-hour Q&A session, you can ask any and all of your business-related legal questions. Register at tsbdc.org. No cost.
* MidTown Chamber Council Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 8 at Ponders Funeral Home, Reception Hall, 4203 Brainerd Rd. $12.
* April Corbett hosts Vision Boarding from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 8 at INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. (Park across the street in the Republic lot). Kick off 2020 with a Vision Board session that will give you increased focus and intention. This facilitated workshop will help you see clearly towards an impactful 2020. Register at chattanoogachamber.com/events. Incubator Clients: $10; Non-Incubator Clients: $15.
* Southside Chamber Council Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 9 at green|spaces, 63 E. Main St. Networking: 11:30 a.m. to Noon; Program: Noon to 1 p.m. Speaker is Kyle Hudson of the UTC Mosaic Program. $12 for Chamber members; $15 for non-members.
* Small Business Orientation from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. for the morning session and from 5:30-7 p.m. for the evening session on Thursday, Jan. 9 at INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. In this seminar, we will cover business entity options, tax registration, the importance of business planning, financing options and much more. We will also provide a start-up checklist and other resources that will ensure you are on the right track. Register at tsbdc.org. No cost.
* YPC + After Hours: Market South from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 9 at Market South, 1501 Long St. Enjoy some great music and cocktails, and capture some instagrammable moments. Register at ypchattanoga.org/events. No cost.
For more on these and other events visit chattanoogachamber.com/events.
With Golden Globes this Sunday, here are award-winning movies filmed in Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama