* Introduction to Public Speaking - In this two-part series, learn a simple, easy method to crafting a message that can be applied to every speaking engagement. The class takes place two days on Monday, Jul. 13 and Monday, Jul. 20 from 6-7:30 p.m. The participants will learn basic public speaking skills in the first class and prepare a speech to virtually present for the second class. Presented by The Chattery. Speaker: Emily Hardy Register at thechattery.org. $35 (for both weeks).
* Getting Started: Small Business Finance from 10-11 a.m. Tuesday, July 14. This class will introduce small business owners to some basic financial concepts and strategies when starting a small business. Sponsored by Bank of America. Presented by The Chattery. Register at thechattery.org. No cost.
* Data Privacy: Implementing CCPA & GDPR from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Thursday, July 16. When it comes to data privacy, what's the difference between Facebook and Unum? Learn from the Unum's chief privacy officer. Register at https://bit.ly/38IDJje. No cost.
* Business Building Q&A Series from Bench Builders from 10-11 a.m. Thursday, July 16. Amanda Jelks, founder & managing attorney of Jelks Law PLLC, will join Bench Builders and share "The 5 Things Everyone Should Know When Starting Their Own Business." Join us to hear Amanda's unique perspective as a small business owner and small business champion. We will also have a Q&A on timely HR topics. Presented by Bench Builders. Register at https://bit.ly/3iOzDdT. No cost.
* Southside Virtual Happy Hour from 5-6 p.m. Thursday, July 16. Join the Southside Chamber Council for a Virtual Happy Hour. Register at https://bit.ly/2ALBS0u. No cost.
* Introduction to Social Media from 3-4 p.m. Saturday, July 18. Join us for a Social Media 101 class where we get a better understanding of what social media is for, beginning steps and how to navigate these often fast-paced platforms. Presented by The Chattery. Speaker: Jordan Scruggs. Register at thechattery.org. $15.
For more on these events and growing your business, visit chattanoogachamber.com.