* NEWtrepreneur Bookkeeping from noon to 1 p.m. Monday. This information-packed class covers 10 of the most common bookkeeping mistakes and solutions to overcome them for entrepreneurs. Topics include how to classify workers, receipt requirements, meal expenses, personal vehicle expenses and more. This class is hosted by Tennessee Small Business Development Center (TSDC) and HR Business Solutions. No cost but registration required.
* Ask a QuickBooks ProAdvisor from 2 to 3 p.m. Monday. This course is a great choice for startups and small businesses who need to improve their bookkeeping tools. This class is hosted by TSBDC and HR Business Solutions.. No cost, but registration required.
* North Chattanooga Council Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to noon on Tuesday. Hamilton County school board member Steve Highlander will speak. Check the Chamber events calendar for Zoom details. No cost.
* Experience Talks: Texting At Work from noon to 1 Wednesday. Kenneth Burke, director of marketing at Text Request, hosts an exploratory talk on the innovative work Text Request is doing to change the standards of communications with businesses. Registration required and in lieu of ticket sales, you are asked to purchase a gift card from a local small business.
* Pick the Brain of an Attorney from 11 a.m. to noon Wednesday. In this one-hour Q&A session, persons may ask business-related legal questions This class is hosted by TSBDC. No cost, but registration required.
* Tech Empowers the Power Company: How EPB Uses Tech in Emergency Response from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Hear about how a combination of technology, a skilled dispatch center and field crew kept Chattanooga's lights—and internet—working during recent storms. Presented by ChaTech, The Chattanooga Technology Council. Register for this Zoom presentation. No cost.
Council Networking from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Thursday. Join us for great networking opportunities and to meet new business connections. Provided by the Downtown Council and the East Ridge Council. Check the events calendar for Zoom details. No cost.
Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Coffee from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday Monthly networking event in Ooltewah to catch up with business connections. Check the events calendar for Zoom details. No cost.
* Small Business Orientation from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Thursday. This class will cover business entity options, how to get your business licenses, tax registration, planning and financing options. After attending this class, you will also have access to TSBDC counselors and other resources, including a Startup Checklist that will help ensure you are on the right track. No cost but registration required.
* CO.STARTERS Get Started Workshop from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. This workshop is designed to equip you with the insights, relationships and tools needed to turn your idea into a business. April Corbett of Upstate Mississippi will speak. No cost, but registration required.