* East Ridge -- The Chamber Meets in East Ridge on Tuesday with Ron Harris, senior manager of Workforce Diversity, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, as the speaker. The event is at 1517 Tombras Ave. The breakfast meeting begins at 8 a.m. The cost is $6.
* Ambassadors -- The Ambassadors meeting will be held Tuesday at Niko's Southside Grill, 1400 Cowart St. It begins at 11:30 a.m. and the cost for lunch is $14.
* MidTown -- The Chamber Meets in MidTown on Wednesday with business focus groups. It will be at the Out of the Blue Café, 3230 Brainerd Road. Cost of the noon luncheon is $10.
* Basic QuickBooks Workshop -- This Tuesday workshop is a step-by-step workshop to walk people through the process of setting up their business finances in QuickBooks. It will be at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The hours are 8 a.m. to noon and the cost is $75. Call 756-8668 for more information and to register.
* Intermediate QuickBooks Workshop -- This Tuesday event is a continuation of the basic level QuickBooks workshop. This session will assist people with more advanced topics such as payroll, inventory, setting personal preferences, sales taxes and many other areas that will make the use of QuickBooks more efficient and more enjoyable. It will be at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The hours are 1 to 5 p.m. and the cost is $75. Call 756-8668 for more information. Take basic and intermediate both on the same day for $125.
* Family Business Lunch Forum -- The Family Business Institute of East Tennessee will have Rob Brown, president and founder of the Center for Business Transformation, as its featured speaker on Wednesday. The luncheon will be from 11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Tallan Financial Center downtown. Reservations with the names of those attending must be made by Monday. For more information, contact Ed Seaver, executive director of the institute, at email@example.com.
* Training and Development Society -- The American Society of Training and Development's Greater Chattanooga chapter will meet Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. for a lunch meeting at the Broad Street Grill in the Chattanoogan hotel. Topic for the meeting is "Blended Learning: Cost Effective Training," presented by Barbara DaSilva, account executive for Achieve Global in Atlanta. Ms. DaSilva will discuss ways companies can save time and money by combining classroom learning, virtual instructor-led learning, e-learning, and informal learning tools including blogs and on-line discussion groups. ASTD members and non-members are welcome.
* Small Business Orientation. The counselor on Thursday will discuss basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entity. It will be at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The hours are 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. It is free. Call 756-8668 for more information and to register.
* Knowing and Understanding Your Credit -- This Thursday workshop will help people decipher the credit puzzle and set realistic goals for improving credit scores and getting a business off the ground. This workshop is co-sponsored by the Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Chattanooga and the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The hours will be 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. It will be free. Call 756-8668 for more information and to register.
* Mini Computer Workshops for Busy People. "Introduction to Tracking Investment with On Line and Electronic Tools" -- This Thursday event will provide tools to manage an investment portfolio. It is sponsored by Chattanooga State Community College and the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. It will be from 2 to 4 p.m. The cost is $39. Call 697-3100 for more information.
* Reality Check -- The Chamber's school-to-work program Thursday that helps ninth graders learn the connection between scholastic success and future income. It will be at the Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy. Hours are 2 to 3 p.m. To volunteer to help present this program, contact Cathy Humble at 763-4321 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Business Advice -- Free business help is available from members of SCORE, Counselors to America's Small Business, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Monday through Thursday at the Franklin Building, suite 515, 5726 Marlin Road, at Eastgate Town Center. For more information, call 553-1722.
* Get A Job Program -- Get A Job is the Chamber's school-to-work program for 10th graders on Friday. Volunteers go into the classroom to offer students information about interviewing, completing applications and appropriate dress for work. It will be at Central High School from 7:20 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* Tri-State APICS Plant Tour -- The Tri-State APICS will have a plant tour of Eaton Corp. in Cleveland, Tenn., on May 18. The facility opened in 1977 and has 160,000 square feet of space. It is part of the electrical group of the firm that makes, among other things, circuit breakers, vacuum breakers and power distribution assemblies. Scott Love, manufacturing manager, will conduct the tour.