* Red Bank -- The Chamber meets in Red Bank on Tuesday with Nancy Hatch Woodward speaking on "Return on Investment in Business Writing." It will be at the Red Bank Community Center, next to Erlanger North, off Morrison Springs Road. The cost of the noon luncheon is $10.
* Ooltewah/Collegedale -- This meeting of the Chamber on Wednesday will have David Clap, Chattanooga Hamilton County Library System, speaking on "State of the System: Needs and Changes." It will be at the Collegedale City Hall, 4910 Swinyar Drive. The meeting begins at 9:30 a.m.
* Hixson -- The Chamber meets on Wednesday at the North River Civic Center at 1009 Executive Drive. It will include business focus groups helping determine area business needs. The noon luncheon will cost $10.
* North Hamilton County -- The Chamber's meeting on Thursday will feature a program on the results of focus groups and actions steps. It will be at the Grace Calvary Chapel at 8615 Hixson Pike, suite C. The noon luncheon will cost $10.
* Chattanooga IRS Office -- The Chattanooga IRS office at 5740 Uptain Road will be the site of an open house today to help small businesses and individuals solve federal tax problems, it has been announced. The hours will be 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Taxpayers who come to the IRS open house will have access to IRS staff on site or by telephone, depending on the type of issue, to help them work through tax problems and walk out with solutions , a release said. "If you have a federal tax problem or issue that needs resolving, we hope you'll give us a chance to tackle it Saturday," said IRS spokesman Dan Boone.
* Linkedin for Pros -- This workshop on Monday is designed for executives, professionals and salespeople looking to unleash the power of this business social networking site. Upon completion, participants will have an optimized Linkedin profile. It is presented by Jon Moss, iMULTISPORT and the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The hours are 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. The cost of $149 includes dinner. Call 285-8886 or e-mail www.imultisport.com for more information and to register.
* Eaton Plant Tour -- The Tri-State APICS (Association for Operations Management) and the Chattanooga chapter of the American Society for Quality will have a tour on Tuesday of the Eaton Corp. plant in Cleveland, Tenn. Barbecue sandwiches will be provided by Tri-State APICS and the networking/dinner will take place at 5:30 p.m. The plant tour will begin at approximately 6 p.m. The cost of this joint plant tour is $12. Scott Love, manufacturing manager at Eaton, will lead the plant tour.
* IRS: Small Business Taxes -- This Tuesday workshop covers business expenses, credits and deductions; withholding of income and social security tax; federal unemployment tax; deposit requirements; self-employment and estimated tax; and business use of the home. It will be at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The hours are 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The cost is $25. Registration and fee are required by Monday. Call 756-8668 for more information and to register.
* Mini Computer Workshops for Busy People -- This Thursday workshop will involving setting up QuickBooks for a small business. It is an introductory workshop and is sponsored by Chattanooga State Community College and the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The hours are 2 to 4 p.m. The cost is $39. Registration and fee are required by Monday. Call 697-3100 for more information and to register.
* Leadership Chattanooga Community Luncheon -- This Friday event will honor the 2010 graduating class of Leadership Chattanooga. Class projects will be highlighted. It will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Chattanoogan hotel. Deadline for reservations is Monday. For reservations, call 763-4366.
* Business Advice -- Free business help is available from members of SCORE, Counselors to America's Small Business, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Monday through Thursday at the Franklin Building, suite 515, 5726 Marlin Road, at Eastgate Town Center. For more information, call 553-1722.