Competitors and Their Charities
* Sean Phipps from NOOGAtoday, Wine Over Water benefiting Cornerstones Inc.
* Chloe Morrison from NOOGAtoday, Girls Inc. of Chattanooga
* Brian Smith from WTVC NewsChannel 9, Humane Educational Society
* J. Rothman from Walker County Messenger, Cempa Community Care
* Jason Kirk The Argonaut from NoogaRadio 92.7 FM, Shriners Hospitals for Children
* E. Foster Williams from WJTT Power 94, Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, Tennessee Chapter
* Connie Hall-Scott from The Talk with Connie, United Way of Northwest Georgia
It's one thing to sit in a television or radio studio giving information to a faceless audience; it's quite another to stand up in front of a room full of faces waiting for you to make them laugh.
But seven fearless local media personalities will let their inner comedian loose when they take the stage Thursday night, Sept. 12, to do stand-up comedy for charity. The fun starts at 7:30 p.m. in The Comedy Catch, 1400 Market St. Tickets are $15.
The Host With the Most is a celebrity competition produced by Bridgette Martin. Each participant will do a five-minute stand-up routine and audience members will vote for their favorite performer. Each wannabe comedian will receive a donation to their chosen charity, but the winner gets the lion's share of ticket proceeds and bragging rights.
Michael Kosta, correspondent on "The Daily Show with Trevor Noah," will visit The Comedy Catch on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 13-14. Tickets are $20 for his shows at 7:30 and 9:45 p.m. either night.
The stand-up comedian, TV host and former professional tennis star (ranked 864th in the world, as he is quick to self-deprecatingly admit) gained attention as a comic when he broke out of the HBO Comedy and Arts Festival in Aspen. He relocated to Los Angeles, where he made numerous appearances on late-night talk shows. He starred in his own comedy special, "Comedy Central Presents: Michael Kosta."
Sunday, Sept. 15, Toney Tone will be at The Comedy Catch for a 7:30 p.m. show. Tickets are $10.
He has appeared on HBO's "Def Comedy Jam," BET's "Comic View," "Byron Allen's Comics Unleashed," "Jimmy Kimmel Live" and more.
For more information: 423-629-2233.
— Compiled by Susan Pierce