Modest Mouse, the band that has become the indie-rock gold standard, brings its tour to the Tivoli Theatre, 709 Broad St., on Monday, July 16, for an 8 p.m. show. Tickets are $69.50 and $49.50 plus fees.
Coming up on its 25th anniversary, Modest Mouse is known for hits such as "Paper Thin Walls," "Dramamine," "3rd Planet," "Float On" and "Ocean Breathes Salty."
Think you're the ultimate Modest Mouse fan? Test your knowledge of the Portland, Oregon, band.
For more information about tickets or the show: 423-757-5580.
1. Name the band's debut album.
2. What was Isaac Brock's teenage job?
3. Which single was licensed for a Nissan Quest commercial?
4. Which Modest Mouse album was the first to reach No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart?
5. Isaac Brock has played in Modest Mouse since its founding. One other musician has been with the band for all but one of its 24 years. Who is that?
1. "This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About"
2. Working in the family video store.
3. "Gravity Rides Everything"
4. "We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank"
5. Drummer Jeremiah Green.
Q: Where does the band's name come from?
A: A passage from "The Mark on the Wall" by Virginia Woolf that says, "I wish I could hit upon a pleasant track of thought, a track indirectly reflecting credit upon myself, for those are the pleasantest thoughts, and very frequent even in the minds of modest mouse-coloured people, who believe genuinely that they dislike to hear their own praises."