Whether or not you are familiar with American singer-songwriter Langhorne Slim's name, you probably recognize more of his music than you realize.
The singer has toured with The Avett Brothers, Cake, The Lumineers and Grace Potter and the Nocturals, and he's had his share of airtime on late-night talk shows (Conan O'Brien is a big fan). But his music could arguably be deemed most recognizable for its commercial success.
If you go
› What: Langhorne Slim and The Lost At Last Band
› Where: Walker Theatre inside Memorial Auditorium, 399 McCallie Ave.
› When: 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11
› Admission: $25
› For more information: 423-757-5580
Following are five times his music has been heard in an unexpected outlet. Hear these singles and more at his show in Walker Theatre on Friday night, Oct. 11.
* "Electric Love Letter" was used in the movie "Waitress."
* "Worries" was featured in a 2009 Travelers Insurance commercial.
* The single "The Way We Move" from the album of the same name was featured in a Microsoft Windows 8 commercial. It was also used in the movie trailer for "Admission," starring Tina Fey and Paul Rudd.
* In 2015, "Put It Together" was used in Season 11, Episode 3 of "Bones."
* In 2016, "Put It Together" was used in a nationwide TV commercial for The Coca-Cola Co.