What goes better with winter nights than warming up with whiskey by the fire? Adding the sweetness of cinnamon, sugar and a toasted marshmallow to your whiskey and lounging by one of the fire pits at High Rail, The Chattanoogan hotel's new rooftop bar.
"Tennessee and the South in general is very big on whiskey, and everybody loves sweetness during the holidays," food and beverage manager Braydon LaBorde says of the inspiration behind High Rail's Whiskey Fireside, a comforting combo of whiskey, sugar and spice that's sure to leave you wanting s'more.
What you need:
* 2 ounces bourbon (High Rail uses Chattanooga Whiskey 91)
* 1/4 ounce cinnamon-sugar simple syrup
* 1/4 ounce Monin toasted marshmallow syrup
* 2 dashes Angostura bitters
* Toasted marshmallow, for garnish
What you do:
1. Add all ingredients into a mixing glass and stir for about 10 seconds.
2. Strain into rocks glass with a large cube.
3. Garnish with a toasted marshmallow. (We assume you've already lit a fire.) Enjoy!