Biggest business investments in 2018:
1. Volkswagen of America announces $340 million expansion to add 5-seat Atlas SUV production and prepares to add up to 1,000 more employees at its Chattanooga vehicle assembly plant
2. FreightWaves announces $3.9 million expansion of its downtown transportation and logistics data and content service facility and plans to add 260 jobs
3. Mannington Mills said it will invest another $42 million and add more than 200 jobs in Calhoun, Georgia by 2021
4. Dixie Specialty Fibers Inc. will build a $19 million microfiber production plant in Trion, Georgia that will employ 100 workers.
5. Mueller Water Products expands its Mueller Avenue plant in Chattanooga, adding 96 more jobs
Source: Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce, Georgia Department of Economic Development