1. The Legacy Companies in Nashville bought Elements of Chattanooga, a 340-unit apartment complex built in 1987 at 7310 Standifer Gap Road, for $35.9 million in October.
2. West End Property LLC in Chattanooga bought the former Alstom Power Inc. properties on Riverfront Parkway, formerly used for power plant equipment production, for $30 million from GE in May.
3. Ascent Hospitality of Buford, Georgia bought the city-owned Chattanooga Hotel, a 199-room hotel and conference center built in 2001 at 1201 Broad for $27 million.
4. Timberland Partners of Minneapolis, Minnesota bought Villas At Oak Crest, a 208-unit apartment complex built in 1984 at 7255 Lee Highway, for $21.25 million in April.
5. Timberland Partners and LEM Capital in Philadelphia bought Ridgemont Apartments, a 266-unit apartment complex built in 1988 at 20 Mason Drive in Red Bank, for $20.95 million in August.
6. Publix Super Markets of Lakeland, Florida bought the Snow Hill Village, an 86,108-square-foot community shopping center that opened in 2009 at Snow Hill Road and Mountain View Roads, for $18.5 million in September.
7. Belveron Real Estate Partners in San Francisco bought the Patten Towers, the 221-unit apartment complex originally built as an 11-story hotel in 1908 at Market and 11th streets, for $14.2 million.
8. Realty Income Properties of San Diego, California bought the Middle Valley Walmart store, the 45,647-square-foot supermarket built in 2015 at 7636 Middle Valley Road, for nearly $11.5 million in February.
9. Enclave Holdings of Chattanooga bought the Hardwick Hogshead Apartments, built in 1912, and the Fitzgerald Apartments, raised in 1910, for $11 million. The apartments are located on Georgia Avenue across from the Hamilton County Courthouse in the Fountain Square historic district.
10. TMC Group in California bought the six-story Clemons Lofts building, a 54-unit apartment complex with 7,922 square feet of ground floor retail space at 730 Chestnut Street built in 1918, for $10 million. The new owners plan to convert the building to a boutique hotel.
Source: Hamilton County Register of Deeds and Assessor's Office. Biggest sales from January through November, 2018.