* Location: 5002 University Drive, Collegedale, Tennessee
* History: The Village Market started as a co-op in the 1920s, and became a box store in the 1940s where the men's dorm of Southern Adventist University sits now. The store has been in its current location since 1970, and will be celebrating its 50th anniversary in the fall.
* Products: The Village Market is a vegetarian market that offers a large selection of meat substitutes, natural bulk foods and vitamins, organic products, homemade bread from local bakeries, and bulk herbs and spices. The market also has a large gluten-free section with a dedicated aisle and five freezer doors. Organic and local produce selections, including Mennonite produce are available late April through October.
* Mission: The Village Market is owned and operated by Southern Adventist University. The store's mission is to uplift Jesus in the marketplace and be a witness to the community; to give student workers a work ethic that equips them for future careers; and to give customers a great product at a reasonable price with wonderful customer service.
* Online: vmcollegedale.com