IF YOU GO
* What: Music, comedy and inspiration, featuring Gordon Mote, T-Ran Gilbert, Louise DuArt and Squire Rushnell.
* When: 6:30-9:30 today, Nov. 8.
* Where: Tivoli Theatre, 709 Broad St.
* Admission: $50 adults, $25 ages 12 and younger.
* Phone: 757-5050.
* Website: www.ChattanoogaOnStage.com.
Words of inspiration, music and comedy will be on display at the Tivoli Theatre today, Nov. 8, as part of a benefit to support Shafer Daves.
Performing will be pianist Gordon Mote, contemporary Christian artist T-Ran Gilbert, comedian Louise DuArt and author/inspirational speaker Squire Rushnell.
Shafer is the son of Kevin and Jada Daves. He was born in 2009 with a rare medical condition that has been diagnosed in only 200 cases throughout the world. His syndrome is caused by a genetic mutation that includes chronic kidney disease leading to failure by age 3, kidney cancer (known as Wilms tumor) in many cases, and other difficulties.
The Daves family hopes the fundraiser will help support ongoing medical needs of Shafer and other children in the community. Proceeds support Shafer's medical account with the Children's Organ Transplant Association, YMCA Boyz Inc. and Children's Hospital Foundation.
ABOUT THE PERFORMERS
* Gordon Mote was named the 2009 Keyboard/Piano Player of the Year by the Academy of Country Music after seven consecutive nominations and has won Gospel Music Association Dove Awards. He regularly performs on the Gaither Homecoming tours.
* Louise DuArt is an accomplished impressionist whose arsenal includes more than 100 marquee characters ranging from Barbara Walters to George Burns. She has toured with Tim Conway and Harvey Korman and hosted "Living the Life" on ABC Family for eight years.
* Squire Rushnell is an author and inspirational speaker whose books in the When God Winks series have appeared on The New York Times best-sellers list. He and wife Louise DuArt run the media production company and ministry House on the Vineyard. They co-wrote the book "When Couples Pray."
* T-Ran Gilbert is a Chattanooga-based Christian recording artist. He is touring in support of his "Live and Not Die" EP. His debut video, for the single "Need You Now," was featured on the Gospel Music Channel earlier this year.