* Concert of Spirituals: First Cumberland Presbyterian Church, North Moore Road, 6 p.m., $20 includes copy of concert CD, $10 general admission, $5 students. Internationally known baritone Robert Sims joins InSpirit Men's Chorus for live recording of concert of spirituals conducted by Roland Carter and Gerald Peel.
* Eastdale Neighborhood Association: Eastdale Recreation Center, 1314 Moss St., 6 p.m., planning for year's activities and new community garden. 423-704-0484.
*' College Goal Tennessee: Cleveland State Community College, Career Education Building, Room 109, Cleveland, Tenn., 3-6 p.m., free help for college-bound students and their parents in applying for financial aid, lottery programs, tips on filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. 1-800-342-1663.
* College Goal Tennessee: University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, UTC University Center, East Fifth Street, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., free help for college-bound students and their parents in applying for financial aid, lottery programs, tips on filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. To register: pefchattanooga.org/registerapply.
* Heart Smart Saturday: Chattanooga State Community College, Health Science Center, 4501 Amnicola Highway, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.; Erlanger Health System, UT College of Medicine-Chattanooga and Chattanooga State Community College partner for free public event with EKG screenings and discussion topics, light lunch included. Reservations required: 423-778-5465.
* Moccasin Bend Trail Hike: Moccasin Bend, meet at Blue Blazes Trail parking area, south of Moccasin Bend Golf Course, follow signs marked "Special Event," 9:30 a.m., free, two-mile two-hour hike of Blue Brazes Trail led by ranger and park historian Jim Ogden. Wear comfortable, wet-weather footwear and appropriate clothing, bring water. 423-821-7786.
-- Compiled by staff writer Susan Pierce