The Rev. Randy Martin has been appointed district superintendent over area United Methodist churches, Holston Conference Bishop Mary Virginia Taylor confirmed at the regional body's recent annual conference at Lake Junaluska, N.C.
He will supervise all of the denomination's churches in the Chattanooga District, which runs from North Georgia through the Sequatchie Valley to Pikeville.
Martin, who grew up in Chattanooga, is no stranger to the area, having served the Wesley and Lou's Chapel churches in the Sequatchie Valley, Flintstone (Ga.), Dunlap, St. John and Hixson in the district. He also served Ooltewah in the Cleveland District. Before returning to Chattanooga, he served Broad Street United Methodist Church in Cleveland as senior minister since 2012.
Another appointment of note is that of the Rev. Nathan Malone as pastor of Christ United Methodist Church. Christ Church, with more than 4,500 members, is the largest church in the Chattanooga District. Malone comes to the church from the Knoxville District, where he had served as superintendent since 2012. He also previously served in the Chattanooga District as pastor of the Burks and Fairview congregations and in the Cleveland District at the Ducktown and Crofts Chapel churches.
Also, the Rev. Adam E. McKee III has been appointed pastor of Brainerd Church. McKee comes to the congregation from the Oak Ridge District, where he had been superintendent since 2009. Before becoming a United Methodist, he had served as pastor of First Baptist Church, East Eighth Street, among other congregations.
Other new appointments in the Chattanooga District:
- First-Centenary (minister of faith and work): L. Clark Taylor Jr.
- First, Whitwell and Havron's Chapel: James W. Diehl
- Holly Avenue and Randolph: J. Logan Jackson
- Holston Gap Parish (associate): Justin R. Keating
- Lookout Mountain and Payne's Chapel: Leslie A. Daniels
- McKendree and Wells: Joseph W. Manis
- Mount Moriah Parish (director): Sharon Bowers
- Mount Moriah Parish (Eastdale Village): Charlotte S. Williams
- Mount Moriah Parish (Hurst): Charles H. Smelley Jr.
- Mount Moriah Parish (Stanley): Sharon Bowers
- Rising Fawn, Morganville and Slygo Valley: Mike King
- St. Elmo and St. Marks: Gary Ihfe
- St. Elmo and St. Marks (associate): Anna Golladay
- Trenton: Bradley H. Scott
- Wauhatchie: Tommy Messer
New appointments in the Cleveland District:
- Apison: Jacob W. Herron
- Broad Street: Micah J. Nicolaus
- Englewood: John W. Oldham
- Mountain View: Jonathan Doran
- Mount Zion and St. Elmo: J. Glenn Moseley
- Ooltewah (associate): Natalie Justice
- St. Elmo: Floyd L. Davis
- Savannah: Jenifer Lee
- Spivey and New Providence: William B. Ewing
- Trinity, Athens: Loren A. Boyce
- Wesley Memorial, Etowah and Pleasant Grove: Wayne D. Hickman