* Chattanooga Singing Circle: The Center for Mindful Living, 400 E. Main St., Suite 150, hosts intergenerational, non-auditioned community singing session to promote peace with self, others and world around you, with songs taught by repetitive call-and-response method, 3-4:30 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 19. $10 suggested donation; free for children under 13. www.centermindfulliving.org.
* Songs and stories: Singer/songwriter Sherry Cothran, pastor of St. Marks United Methodist Church, will perform "Prophets, Warriors, Healers & Heroes: Untamed Women of the Bible" at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 31, at Barking Legs Theater, 1307 Dodds Ave. Tickets are $10 adults, $8 students. www.sherrycothran.com.
* Let's Sing From Memory: Free social gatherings for those affected by Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia, along with their caregivers, to sing old songs and hymns that may reconnect them to old memories, are 1-2:30 p.m. first and third Tuesdays at Northside Presbyterian Church, 923 Mississippi Ave. Free. For more information: 423-266-1766, http://northsidepresbyterian.org.
* Entertainment calendar: See a Christian entertainment calendar that lists gospel concerts and singings in the area at https://chattanoogaareachurches.com.
* Pastor anniversary: Pilgrim Rock Missionary Baptist Church will celebrate the third anniversary of service by the pastor and his wife, the Rev. Floyd and Rose Croft, this weekend. Pastor Charles Moore and Rose of Sharon Missionary Baptist Church will be guests at 7 p.m. Friday, Jan. 17. Guest musicians will perform at 4 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 18. Pastor Melvin Tibbs of Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church will speak at the 11 a.m. service Sunday, Jan. 19, and Pastor Carlos Williams and Orchard Knob Missionary Baptist Church will visit at 3 p.m.
* SCWN luncheon: Scenic City Women's Network's Christmas Networking Luncheon is scheduled Thursday, Jan. 23, at the Mountain City Club, 729 Chestnut St. The speaker is Farah Cecil, program coordinator for the Helen Ross McNabb Center, which provides behavioral health services. She will talk about her career in trauma counseling and her battle through breast cancer. Networking starts at 11:30 a.m., and the program and luncheon at noon. Reservations are due by noon Tuesday, Jan. 21. Cost is $20. RSVP online at scwn.org. Information: 423-698-6262, email@example.com.
* Financial Peace University: Weekly classes teaching radio host Dave Ramsey's strategies to master budgeting and overcome debt using biblical wisdom will be repeated at Cross of Christ Lutheran Church, 3204 Hixson Pike, starting Friday, Jan. 24, 7-9 p.m. Deadline to register is Tuesday, Jan. 21, at noon. Cost has been discounted to $93 (normally $130), and those who attend every class will receive a full rebate. Makeup classes will be offered if needed. Call Lorilynn Baier at 423-877-7447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Healthy Church Challenge: Cempa Community Care and several faith- and health-based partners are recruiting teams for this inaugural event, a 16-week contest in which congregations will compete to be "The Healthy Church." Points are based on contest participation, health screening improvements and performance in the final event, the Healthy Church Olympics. The competition kicks off at 9 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 25, with a Healthy Church Expo at New Covenant Fellowship Church, 1326 N. Moore Road. The expo includes registration, one-hour seminar and screenings for eight health conditions for each church's 10-member team. For rules, email Cempa's LaDarius Price at email@example.com. www.cempa.org.
To be included in Faith Briefs, send information to Life@timesfreepress.com. Listings must be sent by Wednesday morning each week.